Corsair Community

Custom build ONE!

MyPC8MyBrain

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the single wire still sits in a 3 pin layout plug and can only fit one way with its notch where the arrow point in the image (enlarge it to see clear),

at idle my M.2 are around 28c, cpu at 32-34c, i also have 3k rpm noctua fan on top not the stock one and i removed board cooling shrouds,

Edited by MyPC8MyBrain

Managed to jump into BIOS and set the CPU and chassis fans to 100%. Running MAX performance cooling experiment to see how cool the system will run with as much air going through as possible.

My big problem atm is that my M.2 drives are running hot. One is at 51deg and the other at 59deg C.

My graphics card side has a massive ZOTAC 2080ti card shoehorned in, so I am thinking that the heatsink/backplate on the GPU card is heating the back of the MOBO where the M.2's are located.

Any thoughts? My Corsair One Pro i7-7700k system suffered a similar problem in that the M.2 ran overly hot.

Average CPU idle temperature is now hovering at 35deg C.

Average AIO coolant temperature of 25.9deg C.

Average GPU temperature of 32deg C.

Edited by OneOwnerSydney

sound like you generally got your cpu/case temps tamed and under control now,

are these temps you reporting with fan at max at all times?

must be inaccurate sensor reporting for the drives temp,

do you have access to a FLIR cam to confirm reported M.2 temps?

the plate on the back of the gpu has enough clearance space and airflow to not heat up the back of the board,

there is an inch gap the entire length, the board is not even close even with the second M.2 mounted,

in either case 60c is nothing to worry about,

its more or less operating temps for M.2 drives they need to run hot!

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by MyPC8MyBrain

Twin-Card-Install.jpg

The picture above shows the tight fit of the ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Twin Fan unit.

To assist with additional suction through the CPU Radiator, I have installed two 120mm Corsair MagLev 2,500rpm fans, which pull air out of the unit. I had to install a rubber spacer (which was installed across the mid-section of the RTX card, which ensured separation between the GPU and fans as the tolerances are very tight.

TwinFans.jpg

To retain them into the side-casing I have used zip ties, until I have time to fabricate a lightweight retainer that will secure to the factory radiator mounting points, which I will paint black to keep a factory install feel about it.

I conducted a very scientific test using a hair-drier in cold mode, to see how much the AIO Pump and CPU temperatures would drop if I provided additional induction (photo of the rig below).

hair-drier-test.jpg

The long USB cable exiting the unit was a temporary Corsair Link cable! I managed to misplace the factory cable and substituted with a full length USB cable that I routed to the back of the MOBO. Daggy, but it worked to get the initial launch and testing underway.

The following is temperature results after 30 minutes of continuous idle with the top and dual side fans running at 100% throttle.

tempresultsat100pc.jpg

Edited by OneOwnerSydney

both our Custom ONE units have a 240mm rads on the GPU side from factory!

the recent project i posted two pages back is i160, the first (older) Custom ONE build posted in the beginning of this thread is Corsair CS-9000009-NA with 240mm Rad on the GPU side from factory as well,

My new problem now, is intermittently the system just turns off.

Then reboots, fans run to MAX PERFORMANCE, then stops, then restarts again into Windows?

Is there any error log that can be inspected?

It has been happening when i run CINEBENCH almost like it becomes overloaded or exceeds the power limit or something.

The GPU card is connected to the PSU with a single power lead, which has a jumper on the end that goes into both power plugs on the end of the GPU card. Is this right?

I should mention that I installed the Corsair 750 SFX power supply, as I felt the original may not have the juice for the i9 and the associated hardware.

Edited by OneOwnerSydney

OK, everything was going well until around 1:30am when all of a sudden the system started getting highly unstable and crashing.

Black screen, big surges in fans, system hanging etc. Was too late to do any further investigation, however, on the last crash, a green artifact line appeared across the bottom of the screen...

BINGO, we have a shot PCI Riser Cable in here!

Next day I pulled the graphics card out and the PSU, which gave me access to pull the factory PCI riser out. It's folded like origami and there's little wonder why it would be playing up, cant imagine being folded over itself so drastically would be good for it.

A trip to the PC hardware store and purchased a Phanteks 300mm Ultra Slim PCi 16x riser. I tried desperately across Sydney to get the fabric covered cable, but could only get the rubber risers...

So... I was doubting i could fold it and make it work. However, with the mrs hairdryer in hand, I set about heating up the cable and gently manipulating it into the required folds. A quick install and away we went, not a single hang, crash or black screen since. 5 hours of clean fault free operation!

So the end result....

CORSAIR FRANKEN-ONE PLUS

- ASUS ROG Z390i MOBO

- Corsair 750W PSU

- INTEL i9-9900k CPU

- 64GB DDR4 RAM

- 2 x 1TB M.2 Samsung Drives

- ZOTAC RTX 2080 Ti 11GB

Was it worth it? I have invested just over $3,000 AUD into the new build, compared to dropping another $5,600 AUD on a factory new Corsair One Pro. So with the $2,600 spare money I have in my pocket, I have upgraded to an Oculus Rift S and some other nice hardware.

MOST IMPORTANTLY....

Corsair does not get a single cent of my money, after the woeful and downright disgraceful customer support they provided with my Corsair One Pro i7-7700k system (which has now been re-birthed as the Franken-One PLUS) as i could not purchase a replacement GPU side radiator and AIO pump.

For the sake of a $350 radiator and pump - Corsair.... what are you thinking!

Don't figure I will be buying another Corsair One again!

Edited by OneOwnerSydney

Sydney, man so happy to hear one of us out there doing such an extensive and successful modification. Great job man. I to have an original C1 with a 7700k 1080 gtx. Was thinking the same. Better to buy again or just upgrade. I'm definitely disappointed in my multiple attempts getting replacement parts for my C1. I really like the end product, but lack of proper CUSTOMER SERVICE absolutely outweighs everything else.

Corsair was going strong the first couple years when the C1 launched, but the supports consistancy greatly diminished. This speaks volumes.

Edited by zguy85

The case external design is brilliant and it captured my attention and wallet, but refusing to provide C1 owners with access to parts, it’s inexcusable.

Upgrading your C1 is not without challenges. You will find that there’s little to no space in this case, so thermals are a challenge.

I’ve upgraded the top fan to the 3,000rpm Noctura and it’s helped with cooling.

I am now checking out some ultra-thin radiators and will design a Rad/AIO solution for the RTX 2080 Ti.

the problem is with their heavily integrated circuits,

for example the Rad we switched on the i160 circuits are integrated with the GPU pump,

meaning they are daisy chained and hard wired to each other,

the miniature engineering in the case makes it very tricky swapping parts or fitting new ones in it,

to be fair not many out there despite their willingness too can perform such upgrade with ease let alone allow Corsair to assists in the process,

I’m looking at modifying the following;

https://www.amazon.com.au/XSPC-TX240-Ultra-Radiator-120mm/dp/B07FNXCLCJ

Remove the two outlets from the bottom of the rad - which are soldered into position) and machine up and insert two outlets on the side, as per the factory shipped rads. Then couple radiator to an off the shelf Corsair AIO with appropriate length plumbing.

The next task is to engineer a HG10 (Corsair) style assembly for the 2080, incorporating heat sink and blower to cool the VRMs.

the rad space is tight, you'll need brackets to mount to the side of the panel,

i doubt you will be able to fit an aftermarket rad there,

you need to come out from the sides not the front,

we also have i160 with Z390-I and few other upgrades

IMG-7773.jpg

Edited by MyPC8MyBrain

• 2 weeks later...
it’s not off the shelf or a simple mod, it’s one of a kind custom built! (similar to the first ONE build i posted on this thread)

the old Corsair ONE 240mm (or i160 GPU side) rad fits there like a glove with no physical mods required to the case or existing layout,

the locking pins at the top of the rad can be pushed out with a paperclip on either side to release a double O-ring plug for swapping and or refilling the loop,

IMG-7708.jpg IMG-7699.jpg

are those any sort of 'standard' connectors or bespoke Corsair items? wondering if a single loop C1 would ever be viable (so gpu usable under linux)