Corsair Community

LS100 Controller Placement Question

RocketMan55

I just picked up the LS100 starter/expansion kit and had a question regarding the placement of the lighting controller on the rear of my side by side monitors. From the instructions, the installation video on Corsair's website, and from reviews on other sites, it seems that everyone states that the controller should be placed on the bottom right side of the monitor (when looking at it from the rear), and then LED strips are placed in a counterclockwise fashion around the displays (again viewing from the rear of the monitors). Since this setup would place the controller on the opposite side of my PC case and require a longer run for the USB cable, I was wondering if there is any reason why I couldn't/shouldn't mirror the layout and place the controller on the bottom left side of my second monitor (when viewing from the rear) and place the strips around the two displays in a clockwise fashion. Would this cause any unforeseen issues? Would I be able to rearrange the position of the lights within the software? I've attached a diagram to help people better visualize. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ls100_question.thumb.png.f82a53927544f7375841a2febec1d82a.png

Hi, with the iCUE software you are able to set which point will be your starting point for your strips. If you'd like it to start on the bottom left side, just connect your strips in a clockwise fashion. This is configured in Lighting Setup
  • Confused 1