Corsair Community

Magnets Don't work

PhantomRage

Don't these people even test the stuff before releasing it on the market?

The magnets are not strong enough to hold up the strips.

I Got the starter kit and one of the add on kits and there were not even enough

magnets for all the strips.

Then I had to use elecrtrical tape to mount the control unit.

What a joke, after spending $160 it turns out to be no better that all the other-

over complicated RGB crap they sell.

There's a nice video showing how the lighting is in sync with whats on the screen.

But nowhere does it even explain how to make that happen. Guess you just gotta figure it out on your own like rest of the over priced RGB crap they sell.

None of the RGB stuff they sell is user friendly,

I had finally got my LL fans to work after a few months of not working , then 1 day they just stopped working..oh well they still don't work too tired of screwing around with them,

Have a nice day

Don't these people even test the stuff before releasing it on the market?

The magnets are not strong enough to hold up the strips.

I Got the starter kit and one of the add on kits and there were not even enough

magnets for all the strips.

Then I had to use elecrtrical tape to mount the control unit.

What a joke, after spending $160 it turns out to be no better that all the other-

over complicated RGB crap they sell.

There's a nice video showing how the lighting is in sync with whats on the screen.

But nowhere does it even explain how to make that happen. Guess you just gotta figure it out on your own like rest of the over priced RGB crap they sell.

None of the RGB stuff they sell is user friendly,

I had finally got my LL fans to work after a few months of not working , then 1 day they just stopped working..oh well they still don't work too tired of screwing around with them,

Have a nice day

hi @Phantomrage,

I bought the ls100 kit just yesterday and I´m as disappointed as you are.

I completely agree with you. Do they test stuff before selling it?

I´ve always been a corsair lover. I just bought the starter kit. I couldn´t wait to have it. now i´m so disappointed. the advertising is very misleading. the hardware quality is quite good but there are soooo many problems: the led magnetic bars aren´t strong enough to keep the kit sticked to the monitor. as soon as you touch them they fall down. If your monitor is not perfectly close to a perfectly white wall the light is not so bright. if you set a static full color or the usual rainbow they look good. I set the "ambient illumination" setting (ambilight style). if you set a strong colors wallpaper it´s quite ok. if you watch a movie the light changes has some lag (i think it´s normal) and the colors are mostly quite blended. it´s ok only if it´s a blue sky or green grass but most of the time it looks a kind of white. the problem is that you get lag even simply moving a folder around the desktop and you get lag and stuttering also in some games. the worst part is coming now... I started some games and the led stripes don´t work at all. they turn off. the advertising said "CORSAIR iCUE LS100 Smart Lighting Strips can accurately match the colors on your screen, WHATEVER you’re doing with your PC." Whatever means whatever to me. That´s not true. "CORSAIR iCUE LS100 Smart Lighting Strips add a new level of immersion, with in-game integration into games such as Far Cry: New Dawn." Folks, I tried new dawn but the lights were not changing. I just got a sort of light blu aura....... Some people said to try with or without SDK option enabled but without SDK the led don´t work at all. Enabling SDK just a few titles work. Dirt 4, metro exodus, outer worlds, battlefront II, jedi fallen order, we happy few don´t work at all. Battlefield V is working with bleached colors. Gears 5 was working well, the advertised far cry 5 another flop. So where is the immersive experience they promised? I´m not sending back this crap to amazon but this time i´m really disappointed... Fortunately I bought the kit with 30% discount. be warned if you are planning to buy one... :sigh!: