Corsair Community

Mouse feature suggestions for implementation into iCUE

DHoff365

Hi all, and thanks for reading. I have the Corsair Dark Core RGB, and I have a couple of requests or suggestions for software features or implementations that I think I, and others may enjoy having put into iCUE. These pertain to mice in particular, and can most likely be implemented with software, which is why I put the post here. Feel free to move it if you need to.

1) Mouse - Disabled buttons: This one is a priority for me. Each of the buttons on my mouse in particular has a designated function, and some of them I may not use. I can easily re-bind that button to do something else, but here's the catch. I'll use more buttons in a game, than just working out in the OS somewhere. I'd like to be able to DISABLE a button, so iCUE doesn't have it doing anything, but have the input still register. Right now, if I wanted to un-bind the profile switching button, it comes to pass that if I wanted to re-bind that button to something specific in a game, the input doesn't register. The work-around, of course, would be to bind the function in-game to a keyboard key, then do up a simple macro for the mouse, but that's kind of a round-about way to do it, when we could just say "I want this button un-bound in windows, but in this game, I want [bound function] to happen and to be able to bind that mouse key in-game. Is it possible to include a [no function] option of sorts, instead of just [DISABLED] so the actual keystroke would still register?

2) DPI and sniper colors: I think it would be nice if the DPI and Sniper indications on the side of the mouse could change with a profile, instead of being relegated to the DPI tab. I run red mostly, but there are color profiles I use with some games where I'd like a different color there. Could we make those colors do the same thing, but put in the ability to have them change color with a profile?

3) Is it possible to have more than three DPI modes, say, five maybe? I don't switch often, personally, but some competitors do have more than three available. There are even FOUR hardware DPI modes available to be set in iCUE, so why not have more than three in software. Right now, the only way to work around this is to have a different DPI setup with a different profile, and the DPI values would then change when a program is loaded, but I think five would be nice. Not a high priority or anything, just a wish list item.

4) Diagnostic utilities to assist with troubleshooting keystrokes, mouse clicks, and other actions: I know that there are other third-party utilities on the market that can handle this, but they can be...shall we say...basic, compared to something an OEM might come up with. I'm not currently having any input issues, but for those that have clicking or keystroke issues, and things go beyond basic macro troubleshooting, then a diagnostic utility that covers your products in particular may prove useful. iCUE already comes with a surface calibration tool, so why not? Again, just a wish-list item.

To clarify, I'm not having any troubles at the moment, or at least nothing I couldn't work out myself, so I'm not asking for support, I just steamed a while on the products I own, and thought about some quality of life improvements that I thought the product development teams might appreciate. Maybe you've thought of them already, or maybe this post set off a light bulb upstairs. Maybe there would be a cost incurred in developing some of these. Who knows? But feel free to discuss, and hopefully the next generation of hardware, and a future release of software will be even more kickin' than this one.

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

• Corsair Employee

1) Not really. You could just create a specific profile for the game that loads when it runs, and then has a function for that button.

2) You can change these in the performance tab, and just have different color settings in the Profile for the DPI buttons.

3)Not on the Dark Core.

4) I can certainly forward the feedback.

I'd like to be able to DISABLE a button, so iCUE doesn't have it doing anything, but have the input still register.

If a button is disabled, it shouldn't register input on the computer.

If you want a button to register input on the computer, use iCUE to indicate what input to register.