Corsair Community

MP600 2 TB Slow Performance

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Corsair Employee

Chymerix, while I'm waiting to hear back, can you go to Settings > AMD Overclocking > "Accept" > DDR and Infinity Fabric Frequency/Timings > Infinity Fabric Frequency and Dividers

Then, rather than leaving this value on "Auto," can you set it to 1600MHz? Then save and reboot?

I reinstalled Windows on a second SSD today and retested my MP600 from the new installation; the problem seems to be resolved now. Now that I believe this is an issue with my OS installation, I'm going to try another clean Windows install on my MP600 and see if that resolves the issue when it's the boot drive (my current installation is cloned from my old boot drive, but I don't believe that's what caused the issue).

Chymerix, while I'm waiting to hear back, can you go to Settings > AMD Overclocking > "Accept" > DDR and Infinity Fabric Frequency/Timings > Infinity Fabric Frequency and Dividers

Then, rather than leaving this value on "Auto," can you set it to 1600MHz? Then save and reboot?

Hi Kevin,

I just enabled these settings in the Bios as you've described (although it was already enabled by setting High Frequency Support to Level 1 - see here: https://www.overclock.net/forum/28023210-post4.html)

Results are the same:

1653999816_MP600Benchmark4.png.fde015b253d776c035c04e51b1bd113c.png

Here are resultant system settings as reported by Ryzen Master:

479772473_RyzenMasterSettings.thumb.png.f4a16711475d1f6acac1d055c638ca51.png

So, final post in this thread. Malwarebytes Premium turned out to be the culprit. When I exit the software before testing my SSD speeds I get literally double the (sustained) performance as when it's running. Might be worth trying to disable whatever anti-virus/anti-malware you're using just to see if that's the cause.

With Malwarebyes:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/19272338

Without Malwarebytes:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/19303240

The difference is massive... almost 50% of the drives performance was lost because of Malwarebytes.

Edited by brian91292

So, final post in this thread. Malwarebytes Premium turned out to be the culprit. When I exit the software before testing my SSD speeds I get literally double the (sustained) performance as when it's running. Might be worth trying to disable whatever anti-virus/anti-malware you're using just to see if that's the cause.

With Malwarebyes:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/19272338

Without Malwarebytes:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/19303240

The difference is massive... almost 50% of the drives performance was lost because of Malwarebytes.

I don't have that installed.

Even worse results on UserBenchmark... Kevin do you have any updates at all on what might be going on - any additional info I could provide? Defective drive?

[ATTACH]36370[/ATTACH]

Do you have icue or steam running? Try closing those and pause any running anti-virus. They may impact user benchmark scores.

I have shut down/disabled every single non-essential software, as well as even went as far as disabling services... Still having issues. I even went to performance monitor to check disk activity, and nothing outside of ordinary system log writes. This is really disappointing to see considering the sales pitch of corsair (see Newegg video regarding mp600) and the cost of this drive... Please advise further.

I have shut down/disabled every single non-essential software, as well as even went as far as disabling services... Still having issues. I even went to performance monitor to check disk activity, and nothing outside of ordinary system log writes. This is really disappointing to see considering the sales pitch of corsair (see Newegg video regarding mp600) and the cost of this drive... Please advise further.

Same. Drive is going back this weekend if there's no solution.

Yeah, unfortunately my return window is gone so I'm stuck with this. Corsair products are usually pretty solid, but this is my first experience with corsair ssds, and will be my last if this is not resolved. Which is a shame, because many people seek my guidance on hardware.

Your readings are quite normal and it's kinda wow to me! Just don't see where is rthe problem :-/

This is the problem:

Hm, with that CPU, the 4K performance should be much better. I was wondering if you were potentially running running a 3600.

If it's not too much trouble, hang tight, I'm going to see if I can get some more information.

This is the problem:

I have a bit of a tangential question for those with these large MP600's, I hope you don't mind since you have one of these large performance NVMe drives and your waiting for Corsair to hopefully comeback with some solution.

I've been wondering if adjustments to the infinity fabric speed impact the PCIe performance to the NVMe especially for these larger performance drives? If your comfortable with overclocking, and have some time, could you decouple your infinity fabric and ramp it up to 1800MHz, retest your SSD speeds, and report your results back here?

I have a bit of a tangential question for those with these large MP600's, I hope you don't mind since you have one of these large performance NVMe drives and your waiting for Corsair to hopefully comeback with some solution.

I've been wondering if adjustments to the infinity fabric speed impact the PCIe performance to the NVMe especially for these larger performance drives? If your comfortable with overclocking, and have some time, could you decouple your infinity fabric and ramp it up to 1800MHz, retest your SSD speeds, and report your results back here?

I have the 1Tb model. My ram run at 3600@cl16 with Infinity Fabric at 1800MHz and the SSD write speed is not what it should be. I also tried JEDEC standard timings with low IF and it doesn't help.

• Corsair Employee

At this point, all I can suggest is to start a ticket with our support team and set up an FA RMA (failure analysis). In situations like this, we try to locate commonalities between system setups to pinpoint areas of concern.

For those of you who continue to experience these issues and still have the drive, can you PM me a photo of the device information label on the box?

I have the 1Tb model. My ram run at 3600@cl16 with Infinity Fabric at 1800MHz and the SSD write speed is not what it should be. I also tried JEDEC standard timings with low IF and it doesn't help.

Not quite what I was getting at. For example if you already had DDR4-3200 (which runs at a lower IF already) and decoupled the IF up to 1800MHz while maintaining the same memory clock.

I suppose you could do the test in reverse and lower memory clock instead while maintaining IF at 1800MHz however that might call into question if ram speed is factoring into the SSD benchmark.

I'm just trying to understand in general if IF speed is influential in NVMe performance from the CPU PCIe to SSD in particular with these large capacity flash drives. And if so does it have any meaningful impact to performance?

Edited by A Computer Guy

• Corsair Employee

As last ditch efforts before RMA, have you all ensured your chipset drivers are updated? This could potentially cause the issues.

Additionally, which slot(s) are you all putting the drive in? You'll want to check with your mobo manufacturer to see which one will give optimal performance.

Edited by Corsair Kevin

Chymerix are you using M2A_SOCKET, M2B_SOCKET or M2C_SOCKET?

Just read that the M2C_SOCKET connector shares bandwidth with the SATA3 4/5 connector.

Btw do you have Bitlocker enabled?

I also have an x570 AORUS XTREME and hope to be able to test the MP600 performance soon. Now after reading this thread I hope it does not suck considering the price :bigeyes:

Chymerix are you using M2A_SOCKET, M2B_SOCKET or M2C_SOCKET?

Just read that the M2C_SOCKET connector shares bandwidth with the SATA3 4/5 connector.

Btw do you have Bitlocker enabled?

I also have an x570 AORUS XTREME and hope to be able to test the MP600 performance soon. Now after reading this thread I hope it does not suck considering the price :bigeyes:

I'm using M2A_SOCKET. BitLocker disabled.

I just updated firmware to F3L, reinstalled windows, installed all windows updates, and retested.

Results for the 4K Q8 tests are the same when using 8 threads; however, when I increase threads to 12 (same as # of cores on 3900x), results are significantly different.

4K Q8T8:

1.jpg.9573369641ef36c566fb1fe4ef24f002.jpg

4K Q8T12:

2.jpg.bec178b1a411bbb61e14a4359550f110.jpg

Is this expected?

I also reran the tests after installing the latest chipset drivers and selecting different power settings - no difference.