Corsair Community

Corsair SP2500 dead after turning on power and loud bang

Narada

Hi all,

I had a Corsair SP2500 which I loved. It was connected to an APC surge protector which was, in turn, was connected to the wall. Then I went on a one month holiday. When I returned I turned on the wall power switch. At this point I heard a loud bang followed by silence. And now the SP2500 won't turn on. I don't think I've done anything I shouldn't have. The speakers were connected to the wall via an APC surge protector extension socket. When I left for my holiday I turned off the wall switch and when I returned I turned it back on.

Can someone tell me what might have happened and what can be done about it? Is this something Corsair can help me with? I spent a small fortune on these speakers and they were working great before this incident.

Thanks.

I bought it from a very large online vendor (not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name) three years ago. I told them my experience of dealing with the manufacturer and what I had read on the forum about others having the same problem and they just refunded the full amount in exchange for the item. I can't believe it. Exemplary customer service. So lesson is if this happens to you talk it over with who you bought it from and you never know - you might get exactly what you wished for. Goodbye SP2500 - we had some really great times together.

Archived