Corsair Community

Link Cooling amperage?

danjw1

I wanted to know what kind of amperage I can expect from the headers on the Link Cooling module? I am thinking of using it to control a MCP35X2-BK which requires 1.5A for each pump or 3A for both. I wanted to know if this could handle them.

Answered my own question with a quick search! :)

It is that no more then 2A per header and 4A max for per cooling unit.

However the MCP35X2 comes with individual wiring for each of the two pumps, so each could be used in one slot.

What is more of an interest is whether the PWM outlet is true PWM.......that is the four pins are power, ground, signal and PWM, and that further, the power and ground could be fed straight from the PSU, leaving the other two to be connected to the cooling unit.....where tacho information could be fed into the unit, and PWM signals would be received from the unit in a square wave of 25 KHz with the relevent duty cycle chosen via the software.

I guess I can help in this department as I have 2 MCP-35x. Don't worry about power as the pumps come with their own power source (molex) coming from the PSU. The other wiring (PWM) would go into the cooling node channels. I like to see each pump perform on its own channel so I can control them instead of of combining them as one. Its better that way also so you can see if one of your pumps fail for redundancy reasons or one is working harder than the other. It works well. Software can get buggy at times and show no "RPM" speeds from the pump as they are made to show with the PWM but most of the time its not an issue. Hope this helps and heres a link that can help clarify. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=105414

P.S. - I purchased another cooling node and added my fans on them for some head room just incase but I know I'am not even close to the max on both nodes. My first node has temp probes and the 2 pumps. My second only controls my 6 fans on one channel staying under 2 amps.

Archived