Corsair Community

The Current State of Corsair Link

denonsix

All,

I've been looking to take the plunge into using the Corsair Link since I first saw it at CES in January, although I have held off due to the software/firmware issues that have been an issue since launch. I wanted to get a general opinion about the state of the product now that firmware revisions have been out for a while and the kinks are being worked out. Are things finally running much more smoothly in user opinions?

A note about my setup in case any one has comments:

I am running almost all Corsair (H100, RAM, SSDs) although unfortunately my case is a CM HAF-X (stock CM fans). I wish I would have just gone with a Corsair case in the first place which I imagine would make compatibility much better.

Link will work fine with the H100.

If your RAM supports Corsair Link, I think you need to connect it to the Airflow PRO to make it work.

The Cooling Node has been updated to 1.2.5 so you can control the Corsair Air Series fans, Not 100% sure about the other fans.

The Link will work well with the H100 if you use the fans from Corsair that come with the H100. Any other fans are hit or miss. It sort of controls my GT AP-15s. I can get it to control a 1000 RPM spread. ie my fans can go fro 1850 RPMs to about 850. I had GT-AP 29s and I had the same thing happen. Only a 1000 RPM spread from 2900-1900 RPMs. So if you plan on using Cosair's fans you should be OK. But if you use any other fans it may not work or only work partly.

The Link will work well with the H100 if you use the fans from Corsair that come with the H100. Any other fans are hit or miss. It sort of controls my GT AP-15s. I can get it to control a 1000 RPM spread. ie my fans can go fro 1850 RPMs to about 850. I had GT-AP 29s and I had the same thing happen. Only a 1000 RPM spread from 2900-1900 RPMs. So if you plan on using Corsair's fans you should be OK. But if you use any other fans it may not work or only work partly.

This basically explains it. It is safe to say it will only control corsair fans for sure. It's an expensive risk if you can't find someone on here that has used your fans with success and wait to return it.

The Link will work well with the H100 if you use the fans from Corsair that come with the H100. Any other fans are hit or miss. It sort of controls my GT AP-15s. I can get it to control a 1000 RPM spread. ie my fans can go fro 1850 RPMs to about 850. I had GT-AP 29s and I had the same thing happen. Only a 1000 RPM spread from 2900-1900 RPMs. So if you plan on using Corsair's fans you should be OK. But if you use any other fans it may not work or only work partly.

This is with which f/w versions?

Archived