Corsair Community

Removed Fans (CL=Buzzing)

DarkHorse2728

G'Day Cew,

I think I remember reading on here somewhere, regarding the AP/SP fans buzzing when being controlled by CL.

Is there a known fix?

I had to take them off and put them back on the 600T fan controller, the niose was too irritating for me, especially now that I received my replacement H100, it works perfectly and sooooo quiet :biggrin:

Cheers,

Rob

• Corsair Employee
There is no Fix for this yes but it is a known issue and it is cased by the way we do TAC/split-PWM fan control. We are working on a fix for this but I do not have an ETA. But the clicking noise should not be very loud if even audible over the other system noise.

G'Day Ram Guy,

Thank you for your reply! It is a rapid clicking noise, or buzzing, different to the H100 problem, but very noticeable. A real pity, especially after the issues I had getting the CL to work.

The CL system and concept is great, love it. I appreciate that these bugs will eventually be ironed out, but for now as I said, I have to use the case fan controller.

Works for me, in that the front 200mm I can have on max rpm all the time and just manually control the rear exhaust and H100 intake fans.

I have noticed though that having the rear exhaust and H100 intake fans at maximum, does not seem to make any difference to the CPU temp :confused:

I do agree with another post, CL seems to underread the CPU temp by 5 degrees. Can with modify a config file to offset the temp in any way?

Does the new V2 offer any more scalability or configuation changes?

Cheers,

Rob

• Corsair Employee
I have noticed though that having the rear exhaust and H100 intake fans at maximum, does not seem to make any difference to the CPU temp

A: The Fan speed will have little impact on CPU Temp and it will take several min. to see a change if there is any but most of the difference would be because of Room temp. In other words the Fan speed will effect the Fluid Temp based on Room and case Temp but an increase of the fans so say 2000 RPM verses a 1000 RPM will maybe change the fluid temp a few deg C which may not be seen as a lower CPU Temp where it would be more noticeable would be when the system is under a full load you might see a few more deg Lower CPU Temp.

I do agree with another post, CL seems to underread the CPU temp by 5 degrees. Can with modify a config file to offset the temp in any way?

A: As I stated or posted on that other thread what you are looking at may have a direct input to what you see or what difference you see. If you for example are using a program that is looking at Core temps they will always show 5-10 Deg C higher than the CPU Temp you see in BIOS.

Archived