Corsair Community

Cooling Node only up to 38C / 100F

LXS

I upgraded to beta 2.0.16. So far so good! The only problem I've encounted so far is with the lighthing node. When I configure the lighting node to change color based on temperature, it will only allow me to input or adjust the temp setting up to 38C or 100F. Anything I'm missing or I need to do?

Here the system info based on the Corsair Link 2 Device Options:

System - ver. 2.0.16

Corsair Commander 2 - ver. 2.0.6

Corsair Cooling Node - 1.1.12

Corsair Lighting Node - 1.1.9

Thanks!

Have you tried "Reset to Defaults" in the Options tab?

If that did not work, Try reinstalling it.

@snef

Yes, you can upgrade the Cooling Node to 1.2.5 with the 2.0.16 software as you cannot use 1.2.7 any more. I would also advise NOT to downgrade the Commander firmware to 1.1.19 if you have the beta 2.0.6 firmware installed.

O boy, I think I'm one of those unlucky folks. In trying to update my cooling node to 1.2.5, my node got bricked. I tried RAM Guys suggestion (POST ID # = 585414) twice but was successful. I already submitted an advance RMA and waiting for their reply.

I tried to fix again the problem using suggestions from this forum as well as RAM Guy's, one thing for sure, somehow the problem with the Lighting Node is now fixed, the temperature is now not limited to 38C or 100F. However, the Cooling Node is still not fixed and remained bricked.

RAM Guy, I am still waiting for Tech Support Express to contacme me, RMA Case # is 4951511. I hope they don't ask me to return the entire kit as I only need replacement for the Cooling Node. The Commander Unit and Lighting Kit are are working fine. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Quick update - I got a replacement Cooling Node module and everything is back to normal. It came with firmware 1.1.12 and I don't plan on upgrading the firmware (if it ain't broken, leave it alone). FYI - my commander firmware is at 2.0.16.

Inspite of my cooling node being bricked, I have to say, outstanding customer service Corsair!

Archived