Corsair Community

Need help on draining port idea

tomcoleman

i have not added my draining port yet to the XD5

What parts do i need ?

I have limited space due to the 90 hardline bend, i was thinking soft tube with a valve on the end purley connected when doing draining etc.

I have shown it here in red...

2019-09-29-14-43-24.jpg

any advice would be great :sunglasse

Hi.

90 degree bend on present position looks a little bit problematic.

You can make it by adding Q-Rottary extender and male to male rotary extender fitting.

Please see the picture from my build:

https://imgur.com/ILKStqm

Q-rottary connected directly to XD-5. male to male rotary extender fitting connected to Q-rottary from the bottom.

I am still not sure from your picture if you have enough space on the bottom.

Looks like you could a 90 deg down and then a second 90 “out” away from the pump. That may put you under the crossing tube with the ball valve (probably turned with the knob underneath). You also can get various thickness male to male connection “spacers” to offset that portion by 5, 7, 10, 15mm or more. Edited by c-attack
Horrific predictive text errors

It should be easy, I think. But you'll need 2x 90 degree fittings, one down, 2nd straight out and finally the valve.

I'm using a pressure fitting for soft tubing, because that way I can attach the tubing when need it, but for now the fitting is just there. You can buy any cheap pressure fitting for soft tubing, I got an EKWB $5.99, 3/8 x 1/2 it is and the tubing I got it from Home Depot, $5 for 10ft.

P1020633.thumb.JPG.29189c0f57b85a6be6ee7e299219fa09.JPG