Corsair Community

HS40-1-09... Windows 10 not supported.

mickyfen

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can install the driver in the device manager manually for the HS40 and it should work.

Replace the legacy USB driver under Sound Video and Game Controllers and it should work. Bear in mind you have to change settings through Playback devices as the HS40 software won't install. This should work.

However I would really welcome updated drivers from Corsair.

Cheers J.

It is detected as the Raptor HS40 in the device settings, that ain't the problem. The problem is turning on the virtual surround. I seem to be stuck in Stereo.

It use to be, in the Headphone Properties, Effect Tab, I had option there to change things on the HS, but not any more.

Thanks for the help.

Tech Support reported that users who clean installed Win10 don't have issues with our headset. Our validations team also did a clean install of Win10 and haven't reported any issues with our headset/software.

EDIT: My mistake, the Win10 clean install will work with the H2100, H1500 headset.

Tech Support reported that users who clean installed Win10 don't have issues with our headset. Our validations team also did a clean install of Win10 and haven't reported any issues with our headset/software.

the headset works but only as stereo the software which enables Xear which doesnt work and needs to be updated:

http://puu.sh/jyCzj/d8193e101f.png

the headset works but only as stereo the software which enables Xear which doesnt work and needs to be updated:

http://puu.sh/jyCzj/d8193e101f.png

You're right, at the moment the headset cannot use 7.1 due to the lack of software. The fix I mention was for the H2100 and H1500...

UPDATE: We're looking deeper into the Windows 10 compatibility issue with the HS40 software, we'll be getting in touch with the software developers to see what the next steps are for this product. I'll provide updates as I get more information.

EDIT: My mistake, the Win10 clean install will work with the H2100, H1500 headset.

We shouldn't have to go through the hassle of a clean install......

I know this issue is not a H2100 issue but i did not do a clean install of windows 10 from 8.1 and my drivers have worked perfectly since the upgrade (even surround sound is functioning) where many other users are reporting the opposite.

• 2 weeks later...
@Jambah, our software team is still working on supporting Win10 for the HS40. I'll post up a sticky once we got working software/drivers for Win10.

Could you please as of today (28/08/2015) give us a quick update, I have been looking and looking and as of yet seen no new drivers for the HS40 supporting Windows 10, Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...
sorry to bother but is there any news on the hs40 drivers update?

many thanks

Hi Neo_Geo, just real quickly to why it is taking a while. The HS40 software team was a 3rd party software team that we haven't been working with for some time now. We've reached out to them a few weeks ago to get an update. Once we have better information where they're at, we'll publicly give an update.

we gotta wait until the 3rd party team does it could take weeks :[pouts:

I look at the support download area almost everyday and...nothing! How corsair expect to reach some position among the others fabricants like razer without provide the right usability to their hardwares? Its really frustrating to buy a product that cant be used because the fabricant dont provide the right drivers. =/

Archived