Corsair Community

A couple of suggestions for CUE

LLama71

One thing that was asked by a few people was a lights-out timer or automatic switching to a profile (one with all lights off or a rainbow or whatever the user wishes) after a given amount of time without any user input. I'd like the lights to turn off after 30 mins when I leave my PC for hours and hours.

The second thing I feel would improve CUE would be the ability to disable the Num/Caps/Scroll lock lights. My K95 RGB is RGB, and those lights are very much W, without any R, G or B. I just want the Num Lock light off while having the numpad configured to numbers.

One thing that was asked by a few people was a lights-out timer or automatic switching to a profile (one with all lights off or a rainbow or whatever the user wishes) after a given amount of time without any user input. I'd like the lights to turn off after 30 mins when I leave my PC for hours and hours.

The second thing I feel would improve CUE would be the ability to disable the Num/Caps/Scroll lock lights. My K95 RGB is RGB, and those lights are very much W, without any R, G or B. I just want the Num Lock light off while having the numpad configured to numbers.

1. Set your default profile to lights off and save it to your K95 RGB. Set your screen saver to activate when idle.
  2. Turn off the Num/Caps/Scroll lock lights, and define actions for the corresponding keys that will switch to profiles that redefine keypad/alphabetic keys.

1. Set your default profile to lights off and save it to your K95 RGB. Set your screen saver to activate when idle.
  2. Turn off the Num/Caps/Scroll lock lights, and define actions for the corresponding keys that will switch to profiles that redefine keypad/alphabetic keys.

1. I have tried that; it works if I double-click the screensaver file. It doesn't if the screensaver starts on its own.
  2. It's what I use right now; my numpad is bound to the number keys from above the letters. However, games normally see the number line and the numpad as different keys, so I cannot bind one action to 1 and another to Num1 as Num1 acts as 1.

1. I have tried that; it works if I double-click the screensaver file. It doesn't if the screensaver starts on its own.
  2. It's what I use right now; my numpad is bound to the number keys from above the letters. However, games normally see the number line and the numpad as different keys, so I cannot bind one action to 1 and another to Num1 as Num1 acts as 1.

Yes, you do want the numeric keypad to be toggleable so that the application-mode keystroke of the key is sent to the game; you can make a copy of your profile and define the NumLock key to switch between them--that way you can enable/disable the functions of the keypad without turning on the number key indicator, and still have the right thing set to your game.

Yes' date=' you do want the numeric keypad to be toggleable so that the application-mode keystroke of the key is sent to the game; you can make a copy of your profile and define the NumLock key to switch between them--that way you can enable/disable the functions of the keypad without turning on the number key indicator, and still have the right thing set to your game.[/quote']

I managed to get the lights to turn off by disabling the screensaver, getting its file, renaming it to .exe and getting a scheduled task to execute it after 15 minutes of inactivity. So first problem solved, even though it's not as straight-forward as I'd like.

I'll try what you said when I get home from work.

Archived