Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2018, 04:17 PM
Ish_D's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949063
Ish_D Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Put it on Google Drive, Drop Box, One Drive ... any of the many cloud file locations ... and provide a link.
Thankyou DevBiker for the support. below is a link to where to download the zip file of the export.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgLg0lngV7rmgUE5ESaasW3Jprwr
Old 04-07-2018, 10:27 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949106
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Try this:
Exit CUE
Stop Corsair.Service.
Delete the Settings file under %PROGRAMDATA%\Corsair\CUE\Settings
Start Corsair.Service, this should rebuild the list of LINK devices, sensors, fans, etc.
Open CUE

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:40 AM
Ish_D's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949163

Quote:
Try this:
Exit CUE
Stop Corsair.Service.
Delete the Settings file under %PROGRAMDATA%\Corsair\CUE\Settings
Start Corsair.Service, this should rebuild the list of LINK devices, sensors, fans, etc.
Open CUE
thanks for the quick reply. I have tried it but it didn't work. on closer examination of the setting file, I found that it was only building 5 fans when I have 6. I've attached the setting file in the one drive as SettingsCopy, if I was to copy the code and change the value to 6 would that work or is there a specific way this is built? i have repeated the action twice. same result each time.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:39 PM

POST ID # = 949302
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

It won't work.

Uninstall iCUE and install the previous version of LINK. Are you able to control the fan speed for all 6 fans?
Old 04-10-2018, 11:13 AM

POST ID # = 949539
rkennison Reputation: 10

Got it all loaded up. Looks great, too bad it doesn't work. I was very excited to finally be able to use my LL fans the way I wanted to.

( the below is ONLY for fan control, not lighting. Oddly enough, the lighting works across all 6 ).

First my fan list under commander pro is "2,1,3,4,5,6" which i found a bit odd, but I can work with that.

However, I can only control fans 2,1. I can not assign nor control fans 3,4,5,6 all of which are connected to the exact same commander pro ( and yes, I did a forced firmware update just in case ).

So I uninstalled the software completely. I removed the %programdata%\corsair directly as well as ALL Corsair data under user\appdata. However, when I re-install and launch, nothing changes, AND the custom fan mode profile I started to make is still there. Fans 2 and 1 are both set to extreme still, the dashboard is still like I had it set as well. It's like there is more configuration out there and it's being left and not rebuilding.

*Update*
Got it to work finally... There are several other places configs are stored. Also delete from %userprofile%\appdata\local\corsair and from %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\corsair. In my case I just removed the entire corsair directory from each as well as from %programdata% as previously mentioned.

Last edited by rkennison; 04-10-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:48 AM
Ish_D's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950390

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkennison View Post
Got it all loaded up. Looks great, too bad it doesn't work. I was very excited to finally be able to use my LL fans the way I wanted to.

( the below is ONLY for fan control, not lighting. Oddly enough, the lighting works across all 6 ).

First my fan list under commander pro is "2,1,3,4,5,6" which i found a bit odd, but I can work with that.

However, I can only control fans 2,1. I can not assign nor control fans 3,4,5,6 all of which are connected to the exact same commander pro ( and yes, I did a forced firmware update just in case ).

So I uninstalled the software completely. I removed the %programdata%\corsair directly as well as ALL Corsair data under user\appdata. However, when I re-install and launch, nothing changes, AND the custom fan mode profile I started to make is still there. Fans 2 and 1 are both set to extreme still, the dashboard is still like I had it set as well. It's like there is more configuration out there and it's being left and not rebuilding.

*Update*
Got it to work finally... There are several other places configs are stored. Also delete from %userprofile%\appdata\local\corsair and from %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\corsair. In my case I just removed the entire corsair directory from each as well as from %programdata% as previously mentioned.
sounded promising so I gave it a try. I uninstalled everything for corsair link or Cue. then deleted anything that was left over. reinstalled it and it hasn't made a difference. to note that the fans do work Fans 1,3,4,5,6 all are controllable via iCue Performance, however, Fan 2 is stuck at a Fixed RPM. within iCue it cannot be controlled nor does it show any RMP Readings.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:07 PM
Ish_D's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950751

2 fans which were for my radiator I connected back to the Fan splitter on the H100i V2 so it gave back the 2 fan connectors on the Commander Pro. I have skipped the Fan 2 port and just connected the fans to 1,3,4,5 problem avoided for now for me.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:24 PM
Ish_D's PC Specs

POST ID # = 953183

any change that corsair is looking into this and to resolve?
Old 05-14-2018, 05:15 AM

POST ID # = 954562
vale84amieva§ Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish_D View Post
any change that corsair is looking into this and to resolve?
A lot of hurry they do not have, they already have their products sold for months

I have problems with the control of the fans, they can not be configured manually, nor can they be stopped completely ...

Neither can the lights be controlled individually, fan 1 controls the first two, and fan 2 controls the next four.

what a disaster!
Old 05-14-2018, 10:14 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 954585

Quote:
Originally Posted by vale84amieva§ View Post
A lot of hurry they do not have, they already have their products sold for months
I would disagree with this. They are working as quickly as they can. The reality is that software development is hard and this is a large project. It can only go so quickly. I know this is a news flash to many but devs don't just wave a magic wand over the screen and the code suddenly works.

Quote:
I have problems with the control of the fans, they can not be configured manually, nor can they be stopped completely ...

Neither can the lights be controlled individually, fan 1 controls the first two, and fan 2 controls the next four.

what a disaster!
So ... you have some issues but you're providing some very general, high level complaints that don't give us the information that we need to actually work through what's going on. Which fans are you having difficulty controlling and what are they connected to? What lights are you talking about and what are they connected to?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:08 PM

POST ID # = 954606

Quote:
I would disagree with this. They are working as quickly as they can. The reality is that software development is hard and this is a large project. It can only go so quickly. I know this is a news flash to many but devs don't just wave a magic wand over the screen and the code suddenly works.

So ... you have some issues but you're providing some very general, high level complaints that don't give us the information that we need to actually work through what's going on. Which fans are you having difficulty controlling and what are they connected to? What lights are you talking about and what are they connected to?
To me do not give me lessons of anything, and less when they have the products on sale for months and without software that supports it for all its functions. That's a fudge and with the millions they handle, I'm not worth the excuses that programming is hard!.

I'm using six LL fans, (5-140 1-120 ), I also use four led strips connected to lighting node pro + commander pro, k95 rgb platinum + m65 pro rgb

Last edited by vale84amieva§; 05-14-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:50 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 954612

Quote:
To me do not give me lessons of anything, and less when they have the products on sale for months and without software that supports it for all its functions. That's a fudge and with the millions they handle, I'm not worth the excuses that programming is hard!.
Call it what you will. It's reality, dude.

Quote:
I'm using six LL fans, (5-140 1-120 ), I also use four led strips connected to lighting node pro + commander pro, k95 rgb platinum + m65 pro rgb
So ... with iCue, how can you not control the individual LEDs? You absolutely can. You've said what you have ... but nothing that you've complained about makes any sense. If you have a CoPro, there's no need for a Lighting Node Pro in your configuration.

This statement:
Quote:
makes no sense at all. The first two what? The next four what? LEDs? Fans? Strips? How do you have the channel configured? Have you looked at the videos linked in my profile?

As for software ... it's out and has been out. If iCue isn't working for you, you can always use Link.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:29 PM

POST ID # = 954615

Quote:

Well do not sell the products so fast!

So ... with iCue, how can you not control the individual LEDs? You absolutely can. You've said what you have ... but nothing that you've complained about makes any sense. If you have a CoPro, there's no need for a Lighting Node Pro in your configuration.

This statement: makes no sense at all. The first two what? The next four what? LEDs? Fans? Strips? How do you have the channel configured? Have you looked at the videos linked in my profile?

As for software ... it's out and has been out. If iCue isn't working for you, you can always use Link.
If smartass, I'm wrong. I did not remember that we had to buy the node pro to have it decorated! I was referring to RGB Fan LED Hub but you know that too well.

4 LED strips work well, they are the LEDs of the fans that malfunction. On the other hand, you can not manually lower the revolutions per minute of the fans.
To this I will respond with a photo and a video so that it is not ready. Going up, wait

https://imgur.com/4y1W88j This perfectly placed

https://mega.nz/#!Ehsz3bKS!RIEW4NthL...wyOWKYo42td2Rk

As, they are perfectly placed and ordered in commander pro and rgb hub. The automatic functions like viewer or rain work well even with keyboard and mouse, so the problem is software. Maybe they should hire more and better.
If you want something else you just have to ask, smarty

Last edited by vale84amieva§; 05-14-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:04 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 954619

Quote:
If smartass, I'm wrong. I did not remember that we had to buy the node pro to have it decorated! I was referring to RGB Fan LED Hub but you know that too well.
Uh, no, I don't. I don't read minds. I can only read what you wrote.

Quote:
4 LED strips work well, they are the LEDs of the fans that malfunction. On the other hand, you can not manually lower the revolutions per minute of the fans.
To this I will respond with a photo and a video so that it is not ready. Going up, wait

https://imgur.com/4y1W88j This perfectly placed

https://mega.nz/#!Ehsz3bKS!RIEW4NthL...wyOWKYo42td2Rk

As, they are perfectly placed and ordered in commander pro and rgb hub. The automatic functions like viewer or rain work well even with keyboard and mouse, so the problem is software. Maybe they should hire more and better.
If you want something else you just have to ask, smarty
You have ML fans configured as LL fans in iCue. That's the problem. So ... it's what we like to call an EBChAK error. That's an Error Between Chair and Keyboard, not a software error or bug.

Old 05-14-2018, 02:04 PM
Ish_D's PC Specs

POST ID # = 954620
Default Agree

Quote:

This statement: makes no sense at all. The first two what? The next four what? LEDs? Fans? Strips? How do you have the channel configured? Have you looked at the videos linked in my profile?

@Dev Biker I would agree with you. I to work with Dev guys and appreciate the work and effort that goes in. with regards to the issue, i think it specific to the machine it is installed on as it's not an inherent issue for ALL users. So technically it works. iCue software is free and its a software issue which is in BETA. happy to wait until it is resolved. alternatively, last resort would be to reinstall windows from scratch. a clean install of windows can resolve any underlying conflicts from past version.

there is also the possibility that it could be a conflict with other programs. I know corsair conflicts with EVGA software too. the Old Corsair Link would not work if EVGA OCX LED software booted before it.