Corsair Community

MP600 1 TB is very slow!

The only thing I can think of doing now before RMA is updating my C8HW to BIOS v1105 which includes the rather significant AM4 combo PI 1.0.0.4 patch B.

Upgrading my motherboard to the new BIOS (AM4 combo PI 1.0.0.4 B patch) did not improve my SSD write speed.

I hope Corsair succeed to reproduce the failure and firmware patch coming soon.

And I hope not a defective memory control chip or memory chip causes the failure.

Edited by Istipisti

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upgrading my motherboard to the new BIOS (AM4 combo PI 1.0.0.4 B patch) did not improve my SSD write speed.

I hope Corsair succeed to reproduce the failure and firmware patch coming soon.

And I hope not a defective memory control chip or memory chip causes the failure.

Thanks for checking in. I hope Corsair finds a remedy to this issue fairly soon, or customers are gonna jump ship. (get it?)

I've just opened up an RMA request in regard to this issue; my drive has been this way since I received it in August and I assumed at this point some kind of firmware update would be out to address it... but at this point I'm out of hope so an RMA is the only option.

I'm seeing consistent sustained write speeds of around 800MB/s which is pretty ridiculous considering the 2TB Intel 660p that I got for $200 performs better. I'm hopeful that the hardware swap will resolve the issue though.

Running an Asus x570-pro motherboard w/ a 3900x and the latest bios/chipset drivers available to date.

Edited by brian91292

i m havin similar problems.

read speed is half of what it should be. write speed is ok.

asus x570 prime pro

ryzen 3700x

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=36936&d=1574102973

please help !

No your speed is fine, you just use different settings for you benchmark. If you compare sequential Q1T1 to Q32T1, they will be lower. Set your Queues in Crystal Disk Mark to something higher like 32 and you should have the full speed.

• Corsair Employee

Hi everyone, I'm still here. I've just been trying to balance everything out. I have received two more FA RMA units and will test accordingly once some other tests are completed. Should have some comments tomorrow.

As of right now, I'm not really sure what's going on. On my testbench (ASRock X570 Taichi), as I've stated, the one RMA'd unit I've personally tested achieved speeds that were on par with the advertised speeds. Again, I'll test the two other units, hopefully tomorrow, and I'll share any findings (i.e. if the results align with what's shown here or if they're proper speeds).

It looks like some MP600 units are just faulty. I have 2 in my system, and one is fine and the other's slow as hell.

3700x

prime x570 pro 1201 bios

vegeance rgb pro 8x4

EGFM 11.2

both slots rated for 64GB/s

Disk 1 4983MB/s read 4289MB/s write 26% full

Disk 2 4983MB/s read 1016MB/s write 26% full (occasionally the write speed does come out higher, though still pathetic.)

blaming the crap performance on bios or whatever else is real weak. Same system, same free space, but one is just crap.

Edited by harmony

I have un update on the problem.

In these days i was trying another m.2 ssd pci 4.0 (Gigabyte Aorus 1 TB).

I cloned the O.S. from the Corsair ssd to the Gigabyte and with the same windows 10 installation , i have no problem with the Gigabyte Drive (speed around 5000 mb/s read 4350 mb/s write).

Then i quick format the MP600 and the speed return in normal range without even restarting the pc....

I cloned back the system from Gigabyte to MP600 and the benchmark return to only 1000 mb/s in write.

Probably could be a problem that happens after writing some amount of data on the MP600 (my drive is full at around 60%).

I have 2 in my system. the slow one is the newer one with less reads and write on it. both 26% full.

In any case, here's my MP600 for reference. I really hope Corsair figures out why this is happening to so many people.

e6Y313D.jpg

Edit: I benched the MP600 in Atto, as user Seege suggested, and look what we have here! (Write speeds are on the LEFT mind you! Additionally, Windows task manager reports the real throughput to be about ~0.2GB/S higher than ATTO when speeds exceed 2GB/s or so.)

5cm59Mr.jpg

Looks like CrystalDiskMark doesn't play ball particularly well with our x570 boards..?

I then went back to CDM, and messed around with filesizes & passes. Turns out the results are very inconsistent in CDM. In one test, I get the advertised speeds(!)... And in the next SAME test I get 1GB write speeds.

Lads, should we check the integrity and compatibility of our benchmarking tools instead, or are these fluctuating results caused by the drive itself?

I doubt it's cdm. I have 2 drives, so I'm quite positive it's not cdm. one drive was slow as hell, which is why I benched them and found one to be at 1GB/s.

I thought I'd jump on this forum as I too am having the same write speed issues with my MP600

Ryzen 5 - 3600X

ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING

BIOS and drivers are all up to date.

Advanced RMA has been requested.

zGmKcOE.jpg

Edited by Bizdave
add test results

The worst thing that speeds going down or up for no reason. All on Asus boards try to safe erase in BIOS drive you will lose info on it but somehow for some time i had stable speed after i done that. Also i started using ram cache on Asus board (Asus free software) so now i have really fast drive 10gb speed, but as mentioned before, speed is random then not using ram cash.

One of the support reps just tried to tell me the MP600 isn't compatible with my motherboard (Asus x570-Pro) as it isn't listed on the QVL for my motherboard.

Meanwhile in the QVL for the x570-pro:

1lf6tHo.png

I'm seeing a similar result as what @Istipisti posted above, here's a screenshot of the ATTO benchmark:

xXUN1zA.jpg

One of the support reps just tried to tell me the MP600 isn't compatible with my motherboard (Asus x570-Pro) as it isn't listed on the QVL for my motherboard.

Meanwhile in the QVL for the x570-pro:

I'm seeing a similar result as what @Istipisti posted above, here's a screenshot of the ATTO benchmark:

their support are the worst and even if that's ture "which is not" they supposed to refund us

I WILL NEVER BUY any corsair

if you check on reddit people also have same **** with corsair ssd

Hi,

I also noticed some serious performance drops with my new MP600 1TB.

I got an Aorus Elit X570 and before receiving my 3950X yesterday ran a Ryzen 5 3400G which is going to my parents system.

The 3400G managed to reach the maximum speed of Pcie 3 until just before the CPU swap. I measured it because I have been curious about the difference to Pcie 4.

Sadly after installing the 3950X the read/write dropped to 2500-1500/ 1200-750 MB/s.

I have not changed anything in the system except for the CPU.

I even tried to change the power states but got nothing.

Updated the Firmware on the SSD - again nothing.

Might there be a patch or anything similar provided in the future? Because right now the "new technology" looks like "early adopters bad luck".:[pouts:

*has been what I wrote earlier but now the tides have turned:

I got no idea whatsoever but writing this forum post I retestet the 32 and 64 bit version of crystal disc mark and got consistent 3200/4300 MB/s.

I might still want to know why there is so much variance when there has nothing changed - at least nothing I could've done over night while sleeping.:bigeyes:

attachment.php?attachmentid=36981&d=1575107376

CDM64.jpg.c30c2c891a3d7122c79fd2b9bd689eb5.jpg

Edited by Snoopmasta
changing my reply

Hi,

I also noticed some serious performance drops with my new MP600 1TB.

I got an Aorus Elit X570 and before receiving my 3950X yesterday ran a Ryzen 5 3400G which is going to my parents system.

The 3400G managed to reach the maximum speed of Pcie 3 until just before the CPU swap. I measured it because I have been curious about the difference to Pcie 4.

Sadly after installing the 3950X the read/write dropped to 2500-1500/ 1200-750 MB/s.

I have not changed anything in the system except for the CPU.

I even tried to change the power states but got nothing.

Updated the Firmware on the SSD - again nothing.

Might there be a patch or anything similar provided in the future? Because right now the "new technology" looks like "early adopters bad luck".:[pouts:

*has been what I wrote earlier but now the tides have turned:

I got no idea whatsoever but writing this forum post I retestet the 32 and 64 bit version of crystal disc mark and got consistent 3200/4300 MB/s.

I might still want to know why there is so much variance when there has nothing changed - at least nothing I could've done over night while sleeping.:bigeyes:

attachment.php?attachmentid=36981&d=1575107376

I started with a 3700x, then upgraded to a 3900X, and now have a 3950x. Same results with this SSD regardless of CPU. Also keep in mind that people are only reporting this issue with the MP600, and it’s not even all of them that exhibit this behavior even on the same hardware.

The entire problem here is the inconsistency- sometimes the drive performs fine but (at least for me) the vast majority of the time the drive performs at about 20% of its advertised write speed.

I was finally approved for an RMA today after 2 weeks of dealing with their customer service; hopefully the new drive will solve the problem.

I am not liking this. While synthetic tests suggest that everything is working correctly, real-world tests such as copying a large file, creating a large file, or reading a large file show performance far below expectations.

I know the application used in the test below is old but it gives me a good idea of the performance of the entire disk under normal use (even SSDs using the SATA interface), and at no time does the SSD get more than 2.6GB/s. Even more worrying is that performance drops to a maximum of 1.5GB/s in areas having written data (eg, used space), like the old Sandforce-driven SSDs.

uu1pJcR15v2Zyb5F-KmR9rvGub1WBfLM5zq8UBugLUnkgpQtgIZupgfJBCTRkGGJtm49dcTtwbMaxFUp65A9ohtnKgmTKrTGbyssomPu1VjulhTPr61ECK0h4EaOm7ORNnbCv_pcbTs1cboAloLdoTsbCin-uB0RvLHM9bbb4sNo0a8YpzAk04Y-If3se_vhmlH4LFOCPK9sUHEQwqHrg4RG81CkC1t27j4thA7ufKYtku_JYzjOIUoQfg14R63Jr7gmUEWOnWiDNAbeyGTkdW6ggEADwF-1fLfIaFpaHnZe242i7HQ27nRu0MVThloX3E-vPTB0oBWVZrUjm4V0dj8hw7MrIj3BsWPLl8B9s0HZM7Qo63zZDuc8hp0lu1N6rlUjerWlXmXhE2gke2W3u33yF0OQk-UbDrOJ-EP-zzeO6wNwABJ3buhOv9t16GZibzvgLVZFm3kqqWBlQIM_oYWvEu-jzbFmsih_5qaQm15rzWdp7AcX80JrlV9zTCnlVlAIur-48w41pD7Bsp0xjENay-DCoVKxauIr2L3MftdEEKH7Od0WDLhP3XtCuMyaafcTYJYFYMuCebO5K6w9v1dayz8PcXFfJ_xHSltfKJzCmEa6Pm8LKJb0PsDHSK9CZlkGsBklXlhvqahjU8ueQXJIUTuqxi7g7vHmQuW9p6_hWiCyWgTB5P24cdxKKyqspHRcKVGdYOk06d6Kx_NulXMVGNew5Fia7cHxq50RiAvEV30=w1222-h906-no

• Corsair Employee

I'm back in the office now, sorry for the delay. The results on ATTO are all over the place, which is concerning. Originally, the SSD dev team were thinking that it was just CDM not playing nicely with the new hardware and giving inaccurate readings, though seeing these ATTO results is alarming.

Additionally, now that I've been testing more SSDs that were sent to me, I haven't yet been able to replicate the issues described (though I did see some odd sequential read behavior). I'm kind of at a loss of what it can be, since the units I've received aren't exhibiting the same slowdowns, even after multiple, back to back runs.

Have any of you tried turning write-back caching on and off?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/324805/how-to-manually-turn-disk-write-caching-on-or-off

Running CDM or ATTO as administrator?