Corsair Community

(Unofficial) Linux / OSX Driver

MSC

Wow, thanks for this!

Two questions -

A) Does the OSX version have all the same functions as Linux (that you stated on this forum), as I'm going to be getting some peripherals for my pc that I'm building soon to make my craptop mac slightly more bearable

and

B) Any ETA on a version with sabre support?

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot for this, I saw this in the documentation : "* = hardware playback not supported. Settings will be saved to software only."

Does this mean it is possible to save macros on the hardware?

I have just bought the K95 gaming RGB (the most recent version) and from what I understand I can't use it at work (Linux CentOS 6.7) with the macros if I don't have the software. Would it be possible to bind the macros to the keyboard? I move machines a lot and since I don't have root access it's a pain to request access all the time. I wouldn't mind programming it under windows and using it in linux if that would work though.

Any ideas? or should i just return it

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone, im a new member of the corsair family. Got my first mechanical keyboard, and after watching tons (and with tons, I mean TONS) of reviews, I knew that I had to get a Corsair. Their design is just amazing, too bad they don't care about Linux/Osx community. Yes, Corsair devs, I'm looking at you.

Fortunately, I saw this post, and seeing how there was an unofficial Osx driver (I own an 27 inch iMac), and decided to get a strafe RGB keyboard. I'm glad I did, since CKB works wonderfully. I just wish profile export/import was available :(

I came here to thank everyone involved in the proyect, from the bottom of my hearth: THANKS. I also wanted to report that I found a pair of issues with the drivers:

The first one is that every time I reboot my mac, I was getting a no keyboard detected message from CKB. 0.2.4+f04+logging seemed to patch that (thanks!!). I just updated to 0.2.5, lets see how it performs.

The second one is that if I enable rainbow or random animation of a single or some keys, I get a led flickering on some other keys (like Caps Lock or down arrow, that get a Red flick every few seconds). 0.2.4 had that issue, and it remains unchanged in 0.2.5.

Lastly, I'd like to donate some money for all you effort. Do you guys involved accept donations?

Thanks again.

Hello.

Not sure if it has been addressed, but I can't seem to get CKB to recognize my m65 RGB mouse. I had to reinstall everything and still nothing has changed.

Were the recent fixes simply allowed for the mouse to be used, or was there added support for GUI/RGB changes?

Cheers.

Just a short message to thank you for your work.

I downloaded 0.2.5 for my K95 on OS X 10.11 and it works perfectly, no more connection issues or having to reinstall each time I boot.

As ckb seems to be a side project you do in your free time, i just wanted to show you that we value your work. I hope it will be a small light in a dark ocean of troubleshooting messages :)

Thank you again.

Edited by pierman

Do NOT update to the latest firmware. With CKB running the keyboard is completely unresponsive. When you quit CKB the keyboard starts working but things like the command key no longer work like they should. CKB still detects the keyboard but it is stuck with the default lighting and no functionality. You can't even type letters.

I am going to try and downgrade the firmware on K65 RGB now.

Do NOT update to the latest firmware. With CKB running the keyboard is completely unresponsive. When you quit CKB the keyboard starts working but things like the command key no longer work like they should. CKB still detects the keyboard but it is stuck with the default lighting and no functionality. You can't even type letters.

I am going to try and downgrade the firmware on K65 RGB now.

Are you referring to the latest keyboard firmware or CKB itself? I have it working perfectly on my Hackintosh with El Capitan.

Are you referring to the latest keyboard firmware or CKB itself? I have it working perfectly on my Hackintosh with El Capitan.

Keyboard firmware 2.04. It also caused CUE to stop working in Windows 10 as well. I'm going to downgrade to firmware 1.30 now.

UPDATE: I was successfully able to downgrade to firmware 1.30 using CUE in Windows 10. Everything is working properly again.

Edited by Slim.Jim

Hey!

First of all I would like to thank OP for all the work you're doing!

I do however have a problem with CPU usage when a lot is happening on the keyboard which is disastrous for me playing a flash based game that already sucks 100% of the CPU capacity (I read about it on GitHub and undertand that with the latest version it just can't get better?).

The only thing I am after is remapping the side buttons on my Scimitar MMO mouse, which can be remapped using another program as long as there is a driver to recognise the extra buttons.

I am wondering if there is any possibility to only utilise the driver "component" of the program in order to not have to worry about CPU usage?

Alternatively, if it is true that the CPU-problem is somehow keyboard related, is there any way to enable a "this device only" mode so that all the program does is supply driver and functionality for a chosen piece of hardware?

All the best,

Von

Edited by vonlol

Hi guys,

First of all cheers to the creators of this program! it's brilliant!

However I am facing one little bug.

My CMD or Command buttons do not work when I have CKB open and running. Everything else works fine besides CMD which I use a lot for shortcuts etc. But when I have CKB closed the CMD buttons work without a flaw

Any suggestions??

Installed via the quick installer

El Capitian 10.11.3 Running on a Hackintosh

K70 Keyboard firmware is 1.33

M65 Mouse is 1.19

CKB firmware beta-v0.2.5

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

First of all cheers to the creators of this program! it's brilliant!

However I am facing one little bug.

My CMD or Command buttons do not work when I have CKB open and running. Everything else works fine besides CMD which I use a lot for shortcuts etc. But when I have CKB closed the CMD buttons work without a flaw

Any suggestions??

Installed via the quick installer

El Capitian 10.11.3 Running on a Hackintosh

K70 Keyboard firmware is 1.33

M65 Mouse is 1.19

CKB firmware beta-v0.2.5

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Try using Activity Monitor to force quit the CKB daemon. When have your issue with my K65 it is usually right after boot and the daemon is using 50+% CPU. Once I force quit the daemon it restarts automatically and everything works fine.

Hi, I'm having so trouble getting my K70 RGB to work with your drivers. I've installed the drivers and they work fine until I reboot my system. After rebooting, my keyboard becomes unresponsive and I have to uninstall the drivers and reboot. I have all the dependencies installed and have tried the listed troubleshooting methods as well as tweaking my polling rate but nothing seems to work. I'm running Linux Mint 17.2. Any help is much appreciated.

Hi, I'm having so trouble getting my K70 RGB to work with your drivers. I've installed the drivers and they work fine until I reboot my system. After rebooting, my keyboard becomes unresponsive and I have to uninstall the drivers and reboot. I have all the dependencies installed and have tried the listed troubleshooting methods as well as tweaking my polling rate but nothing seems to work. I'm running Linux Mint 17.2. Any help is much appreciated.

What firmware is your keyboard running?

Keyboard firmware 2.04. It also caused CUE to stop working in Windows 10 as well. I'm going to downgrade to firmware 1.30 now.

UPDATE: I was successfully able to downgrade to firmware 1.30 using CUE in Windows 10. Everything is working properly again.

How did you downgrade to firmware 1.30. I'm on Linux Mint and the latest firmware update made my K95 RGB stop working completely when I'm in Linux (even with ckb installed).

I've looked through my CUE in Windows 10, but there doesn't seem to be an option to downgrade in it, and the only option relating to firmware is an "Upgrade firmware" button (and I can't use that to downgrade because I can't find an image of the 1.30 firmware anywhere).

The only reference to downgrading firmware seems to be this thread on here, except that thread only links to old versions of the CUE software, with no links to the firmware (even though there is a warning to downgrade the firmware before you downgrade CUE).

How did you downgrade to firmware 1.30. I'm on Linux Mint and the latest firmware update made my K95 RGB stop working completely when I'm in Linux (even with ckb installed).

I've looked through my CUE in Windows 10, but there doesn't seem to be an option to downgrade in it, and the only option relating to firmware is an "Upgrade firmware" button (and I can't use that to downgrade because I can't find an image of the 1.30 firmware anywhere).

The only reference to downgrading firmware seems to be this thread on here, except that thread only links to old versions of the CUE software, with no links to the firmware (even though there is a warning to downgrade the firmware before you downgrade CUE).

Look at the thread you linked again. There is a link for the 1.30 FW for all of the K series RGB keyboards mixed in with all the links for CUE.

Click the update button in CUE and then choose the firmware file you downloaded for your keyboard. You can also look at the last page of the thread and I posted instruction how to downgrade the firmware if CUE isn't detecting it.m

Check out the fw2kb branch of the CKB github project. I am now running fw 2.04 using this branch in OS X without any issues.

Edited by Slim.Jim
  • Confused 1

Is it compatible with a debian based raspberry pi? like osmc or openelec?

by the other hand i have an erro to update, i click on the update button and give me an error "there was a problem with the downloaded file. please try again later". I have intalled driver from yesterday. Thakyou so much, its a great driver.

Hello,

I ran Ubuntu 14.04 before and your (awesome btw!) program worked perfectly fine.

Now I upgraded to 16.06. When trying to start via the HUD, the programs tries to start, blinks for a while (<10s) and quits than.

When trying to start via terminal i get following message:

laurin@YESITSTRUE:~$ sudo ckb-daemon
   ckb: Corsair RGB driver beta-v0.2.5
[F] ckb-daemon is already running (PID 759). Try `killall ckb-daemon`.
[F] (If you're certain the process is dead, delete /dev/input/ckb0/pid and try again)
laurin@YESITSTRUE:~$ sudo killall ckb-daemon
laurin@YESITSTRUE:~$ 
laurin@YESITSTRUE:~$ 
laurin@YESITSTRUE:~$ sudo ckb-daemon
   ckb: Corsair RGB driver beta-v0.2.5
[i] Root controller ready at /dev/input/ckb0
[i] Connecting Corsair K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard at /dev/input/ckb1
[i] Starting input thread for /dev/input/ckb1
[E] os_usbrecv (via led_keyboard.c:207): Connection timed out
[W] _start_dev (device.c:45): Unable to load hardware profile
[i] Setup finished for /dev/input/ckb1
^C
[i] Caught signal 2
[i] Disconnecting /dev/input/ckb1
[i] Removed device path /dev/input/ckb1
[i] Closing root controller
[i] Removed device path /dev/input/ckb0

Any hints for me?

If it matters: The keyboard totally goes black when watching something via VLC player and stays like that after the movie. My system doesn't recognize me pressing buttons than. After re-plugging the LED are coming back and (sometimes) after a while button work again. This isn't such a big problem to me, but when there is a commen solution, I'd be glad!

Thanks in advance,

Laurin aca Flap

Just got my K65 RGB Rapidfire and boy am I disappointed.

I mainly use linux and my experience so far has been pretty bad.

I dual boot with windows, so I installed cue and everything works, but when I boot to linux, I see some big issues.

- I have the ability to save lighting profiles to the keyboard, so why do I still need the cue software for it to work?

- Lighting does work in linux, but only if I use the "one static color for each key" mode

- Anything fancy like the rainbow does not work. It does not matter if I save it to the keyboard, it won't work without the damned cue software, what's the point in even saving things on the keyboard if I still need cue for anything to work?

- ckb beta currently says "no devices connected" is there any info on why this is happening?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Just got my K65 RGB Rapidfire and boy am I disappointed.

I mainly use linux and my experience so far has been pretty bad.

I dual boot with windows, so I installed cue and everything works, but when I boot to linux, I see some big issues.

- I have the ability to save lighting profiles to the keyboard, so why do I still need the cue software for it to work?

- Lighting does work in linux, but only if I use the "one static color for each key" mode

- Anything fancy like the rainbow does not work. It does not matter if I save it to the keyboard, it won't work without the damned cue software, what's the point in even saving things on the keyboard if I still need cue for anything to work?

- ckb beta currently says "no devices connected" is there any info on why this is happening?

Thanks a lot for any help.

What firmware is your keyboard running?