Corsair Community

1 gig of twinx 3200llpt

glassajw

Hi Ram Guy, I ordered a gig of twinx 3200llpt from newegg and I am about to install them. (gotta wait for xmas) I was just wondering, will I have any issues with my gigabyte ga-7n400pro motherboard? and also, I have a 2800+ barton core, I was just wondering If I could flawlessly run my system with the 200 fsb? Thanks

• Corsair Employee
The CPU you have is not a 200 FSB CPU and you would need to set the memory at the Same freq. as your CPU for best stability and performance. If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266. If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333 If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400 Please try this as an example, CPU Freq:166Mhz Memory Freq: 100% Resulting Frequency: 166MHz SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T And In would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and leave any performance setting to AUTO or bios default. But if you try to run the memory at DDR400 or at default settings and the CPU at 166 MHz it will cause a bottleneck in the chipset and may generate random errors that are not from the memory

Archived