Corsair Community

How to connect the H110

LLama71

Hi. I have an H110 and a Maximus VI Gene.

Is far as I know the pump, which is 3 pin, cannot be controlled by Asus Fan Expert, so it will run at 100% all the time. This being said, would it be ok to plug the 2 radiator fans in the CPU_Fan and CPU_Opt connectors, with the pump in a random 4-pin chassis fan near the socket? Would it run ok? Or will Fan Expert, not knowing it's the pump, turn it off when the PC is idle?

Would it be better to plug the 2 radiator fans with a splitter in the CPU_Fan and the pump in CPU_Opt? Or the other way around?

Thanks a lot!

My Asus P6T applies full power at all times to the CPU_Fan header "for safety" according to the manual. That was where I connected my H50 (it used a 3-pin connector). The other fans were connected to the CPU_Opt, and Alt fan connectors that were power controlled via BIOS or software (Asus suite). FYI, the power leading to the pump needs to be maintained at at 100%. The design of the pump is meant to be run at full power at all times.

My current set-up is usng an H100i (connected via SATA power), and four 4-pin PWM fans connected in a push/pull configurations, powered by a separate PWM fan controller.

Archived