Corsair Community

Corsair icue sodtware causing major fps problems

GS1981

HI, this took me a long time to figure out, 3 formats and process of elimination that almost saw me RMA my 2080ti.

I have now got nothing installed but the latest build of Windows 10 and Nvidia drivers and a couple of games tha ti have been testing (GTA V, Redout, Battlefield 1)

I have now figured out that with the icue software installed in my machine, i can barely run GTA 5 at 15fps or Battlefield 1 at a stable frame rate, it bounces from 70-10fps, i uninstalled the software and now i have a perfect frame rate to the capability of my pc (100hz monitor so all games stable at 100fps).

Is there anything i can do to fix this? i own a k70 Rapidfire,dark core mouse, the rgb mouse mat and the Corsair Void Pro and the rgb headset holder, without the software i can't use any of them correctly (light settings, mouse settings etc) .

The only thing that could be conflicting with it and causing it might be my Logitech Ghub software for my speakers?

I only got the speakers on my birthday on the 27th, but i had noticed my gpu downgrading in performance for a few months to the point games become unusable, however with icue uninstalled, i get perfect fps again in my games like when i first bought it.

If you are using iCUE 3.19, I suggest rolling back to 3.18. There appears to be a definite problem for some users with unexpected system interrupts that bog down the CPU. This is most obvious in higher load CPU games with odd frame drops in otherwise smooth places.

If this is the case, you might be the first person I have seen with DDR3 and presumably non-RGB memory. I had speculated that was a primary cause, but it may be more complicated than that if others without it are also affected.

I don't have DDR 3? i have DDR4 Corsair memory 3000mhz :S

My system is

Windows 10 Pro x64

Acer Predator X34a

i7-6700k

Corsair h115i

Nvidia MSI Ventus 2080ti OC

16gb of ddr4 3000mhz (Corsair Vengeance LED)

3 x samsung evo 870 ssds

Corsair HX750i psu

Logitech G560 RGB Speakers

Corsair RGB peripherals are

K70 Rapidire

Dark Core Mouse

Void Pro

the RGB headset holder

the RGB mouse mat

I'll try the previous driver and see if it makes a difference.

Edit: ahh i see, i haven't updated my specs on this website for about 5 years haha

Edited by GS1981

OK i got them off of Softpedia, i'm still getting CPU problems in GTA V even with these older drivers, i have lost about 30fps, which is not as crazy as before but still not very good, is anything else i can do? Edited by GS1981

Quit iCUE and kill the Corsair.service in the task manager to see if that turns things around. That may only be problematic for the Void. Everything else should still work. Then at least you know if you are looking in the right place. Obviously this is a troubleshooting step and not a solution.

Make sure you aren't trying to use Gsync in windowed mode. This causes too many problems with all the little graphs in iCUE. Most people are good back on 3.18. If performance is better with iCUE closed, try a repair install of 3.18. Go to the Settings->Apps in in Windows. Click on iCUE and follow the directions for Modify.

New member here, I can confirm as well there are major problems present with the latest version of iCue. I had forgotten it recently updated and also did a few other updates to my machine soon after, thinking those other updates caused problems. I decided to wipe my drive and start with a fresh install of Windows 10.

I ran Unigine Valley benchmark soon after the fresh install was ready and my frame rate was back up where it should be. The moment I installed Corsair iCUE - yeah.... check out the results below.

Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0 (With Corsair iCUE 3.19)

FPS: 37.8

Score: 1582

Min FPS: 11.7

Max FPS: 126.6

Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0 (No Corsair iCUE installed)

FPS: 174.2

Score: 7289

Min FPS: 32.7

Max FPS: 282.7

I noticed immediate stuttering in GTA5 after 3.19 was installed, as well as other games like ArmA 3. I have not tested 3.18 yet - its pretty dumb to not offer previous software version download links - c'mon Corsair...that's not nice.

Anyway, just another person here to confirm the software is bad.

Check two things (other threads in this forum)

1. The Gsync thread - follow their steps, see if it helps. Icue uses GPU acceleration for some reason.

2. This may be what Ryzen users like myself are fighting with, where all the CPU cores are locked on, which prevents turbo from working and hurting FPS

Both combined could explain why you've got such a massive performance hit.

Actually, what is happening with 3.19 is that for some reasons it is causing a lot of hardware interrupts to the CPU. In consequence, it's causing some latency to other stuff that is also doing interrupts such as drivers, like video and audio. This is why we see a performance hit in games. This can be validated with 2 things:

Take a look at your task manager under performance tab. Right click on the graph and select show graph as logical cores. Look for CPU0 to see if it is constant high usage about 60-100%. In process details, hardware interrupts will show as 4-8% usage depending on the numbers of core/threads you have.

The other thing I used to troubleshoot is Latency Mon or DPC Checker. It can show if there is latency caused by hardware interrupts, bad hardware or bad drivers. In my case it is the high number of hardware interrupts that was causing the performance hit.

Anyway, the solution for now is to downgrade to 3.18.

Edited by thestu

So I installed iCUESetup_3.18.77_release and it does not detect any of my Corsair devices, then immediately crashes. Uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, same thing.

I have a H115i Pro and it really sucks not being able to make any changes to it.

So I installed iCUESetup_3.18.77_release and it does not detect any of my Corsair devices, then immediately crashes. Uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, same thing.

I have a H115i Pro and it really sucks not being able to make any changes to it.

You aren’t going to be able to keep your profiles and settings. Once you updated to 3.19 they became marked. Going backwards is problematic on some versions. Kill iCUE in the task manager. Make a copy of your C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/roaming/Corsair and paste it to the desktop. Then delete the original file location. Start iCUE. You will have to set it all up again and be without existing profiles

I can 100% confirm this issue. Shortly after installing the latest iCue update, any title runs like crap... massive drop in fps and dips constantly. Went through 3 formats, and was about to buy a new 2080 to test with when I came across this thread. Uninstalled iCue and runs perfectly again.

Wow, what a buggy software release. Not sure how this wasn't caught in their testing.

HI, this took me a long time to figure out, 3 formats and process of elimination that almost saw me RMA my 2080ti.

I have now got nothing installed but the latest build of Windows 10 and Nvidia drivers and a couple of games tha ti have been testing (GTA V, Redout, Battlefield 1)

I have now figured out that with the icue software installed in my machine, i can barely run GTA 5 at 15fps or Battlefield 1 at a stable frame rate, it bounces from 70-10fps, i uninstalled the software and now i have a perfect frame rate to the capability of my pc (100hz monitor so all games stable at 100fps).

Is there anything i can do to fix this? i own a k70 Rapidfire,dark core mouse, the rgb mouse mat and the Corsair Void Pro and the rgb headset holder, without the software i can't use any of them correctly (light settings, mouse settings etc) .

The only thing that could be conflicting with it and causing it might be my Logitech Ghub software for my speakers?

I only got the speakers on my birthday on the 27th, but i had noticed my gpu downgrading in performance for a few months to the point games become unusable, however with icue uninstalled, i get perfect fps again in my games like when i first bought it.

I had the same problem with fps on 3.19 now i run now on 3.12 now the fps are normal again here the link for 3.12 https://we.tl/t-AbVgPCXNcH

hope it works for you to only you cant use the new profiles you have to make one for youself

Now since installing icue 3.18 and uninstalling i'm stuck with the problem, even without having it in my system, my fps is messed up again, it was fine until i installed that, now i'm having awful cpu problems.

I had the same problem with fps on 3.19 now i run now on 3.12 now the fps are normal again here the link for 3.12 https://we.tl/t-AbVgPCXNcH

hope it works for you to only you cant use the new profiles you have to make one for youself