Corsair Community

Keyboard Flashing RGB and keys unresponsive, then back to normal after few seconds.

werstname

Howdy all,

My K70 MK2 is repeatedly flashing and the keys (mainly only the windows key) are being spammed every few minutes. This started happening late yesterday afternoon. Knowing this is usually a side effect of liquid damage, i unplugged the board and flipped it upside down and left it overnight. Only problem is i have no idea what is causing it as i definitely did not spill any liquid on or near the board at all.

An hour or so ago I did the reset trick (hold esc while unplugged, the release when plugged back in) however the RGB did not flash as it said it would in the support article. Never the less, upon doing this the board worked fine, lights and all for about 2 minutes. Then the problem happened again. Next time, i held esc for about a minute and once done, the board functioned for about 10 mins before flickering. it is now unplugged again and im wondering if its worth persevering or if its time for another board...

Thanks.

Edited by werstname

If you have done the soft reset, I am not sure what else you can do. This is not typical behavior even when something is wrong with the software, so it seems like a hardware issue. Contact support through the Support Ticket System link at the top of the page and get things moving toward a warranty replacement. Sorry.