Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2017, 10:28 PM
MoonFrost's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932599
MoonFrost Reputation: 10
Default Corsair Link with radiators.

Currently I just built my pc, and testing everything on air first before adding my first custom loop.

I've been dinking with corsair link with a commander pro with my 6 HD 120 rgb fans.

I noticed the setting to have fans fluxuate depending on components heat levels. I was curious what people think is the best with watercooling. Would you set it as a static fan %, gpu temp bound, cpu temp bound? Im thinking fans increasing as gpu temps rise would be best, as its a gaming rig, but would like to hear opinions

Old 12-27-2017, 10:37 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932603
DevBiker Reputation: 94

With my Commander Pro, I have them set to vary based on ambient temperatures inside the case from the CoPro's temp sensors.
This is probably the most appropriate source since CPU isn't a factor in the internal case temperature. Also, it allows the CoPro to run my fan curves without requiring Link to run.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 12-27-2017, 11:08 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932608
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 116

Use one of the 4 temp probes that came with the C-Pro and run it to the exhaust side of the radiator. This will give you a very close approximation to what most AIO owners see as their coolant temp. It will be a predictable and even, great for a control variable for the radiator fans. It will also be able to work when Link is not running. Depending on your reservoir model, you may also be able to use one of their plug/thermistors to give you a reservoir coolant temp. Those two values will tell you a lot about what's going on in the system.

Last edited by c-attack; 12-27-2017 at 11:11 PM.