Corsair Community

Scimitar RGB Elite Firmware Update Fails

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any one still monitors this thread about Scimitar Elite? I made a ticket and got a response, but they sent me the wrong firmware file and i am here with a bricked mouse. Until they respond again, a few days prob, can any1 send me the original firmware?

• 7 months later...
Any one still monitors this thread about Scimitar Elite? I made a ticket and got a response, but they sent me the wrong firmware file and i am here with a bricked mouse. Until they respond again, a few days prob, can any1 send me the original firmware?

Hi Deny, did you get the correct firmware? if so, could you please share it with me? Im on the same situation

• 2 weeks later...
I'm on the same boat here. A failed firmware update has left my Scimitar Elite completely bricked. I've already made a ticket, but who knows how long it will take them to reply. So in the meantime, if someone has the firmware file for a Scimitar Elite and can share it I would be grateful.

After doing further testing, I'm pretty sure the problem stems from the firmware file in the mouse being corrupted. I found another forum post where someone had the same issue with a Scimitar Pro and got a new firmware file from Corsair that they had to replace in their mouse:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=179746&highlight=firmware+pro+isp

Just for the hell of it, I replaced the firmware file in my mouse with the one in that post and my mouse came back to life, but iCue detected it as a Scimitar Pro (the model the firmware file was for), instead of a Scimitar Elite (my actual mouse model). Which suggests that the main (only?) way that the iCue software knows which device you have is by looking at the firmware file. iCue even gave me a message that there was a new firmware update for the Scimitar Pro and it seemed it would have let me download it (I didn't try to, though, and deleted the file from the mouse after using the paperclip procedure described in the post again).

What this seems to mean is that all anyone with this problem needs is for someone that has the same mouse model to get a copy of the file from their mouse (using the paper clip procedure) and post a link to it here. So if someone that has the Scimitar Elite model reads this, I would greatly appreciate if they can do that.

I've opened a ticket with Corsair, but given its a weekend and right after New Year, I expect I'm not going to get a response for a few more days during which my mouse will just be a paperweight.

@camxrxn: If your mouse model is a Scimitar Pro, you can try using the firmware file from the forum post I linked to. Otherwise you could post your mouse model and ask for the firmware file from someone that has the same mouse as you, or open a ticket with Corsair (which I would do anyway if I were you).

DISCLAIMER: Keep in mind I'm just a normal user, so I can't take responsibility if something goes wrong in the process. If you do try swapping the file in your mouse, it's probably a good idea to make a copy of the one you have in there first so you can swap it back if things don't work. Although if the original is corrupted anyway it won't make much of a difference.

Good luck.