Corsair Community

Obsidian 500D RGB SE - discontinued?

theJSeffect

I'm working on my first build, and this was my top choice for case, followed by the O11 Dynamic. I'm losing my mind in isolation and want to get started, but this has been out of stock for I think a couple weeks now. Anyone know if it was discontinued entirely? Should I move on?

I'm having the same issue. I can't find this case or the 680x. I'm sitting on $3,000 of parts including LED strips and extra LL120 fans. Microcenter in Michigan has 3 of both cases. I live on the west side of the state and there's no way I'm going near Detroit right now to pick up a case, but microcenter refuses to ship parts, because they want you in their stores.

Damn, people suck. Somehow I found one at Microcenter available for shipping a few days ago. I live in WA, so nowhere near one. I didn't even know what they were until a few weeks ago.

Five mins after I bought it, the page returned to in-store only. I thought I maybe exploited a brief error on their website and there was no way I would get a case. But supposedly it's going to be here on Monday!

I'm working on my first build, and this was my top choice for case, followed by the O11 Dynamic. I'm losing my mind in isolation and want to get started, but this has been out of stock for I think a couple weeks now. Anyone know if it was discontinued entirely? Should I move on?

As an owner of a 500D SE, and having moved to the O11D Dynamic, I recommend not waiting for the 500D. The Lian Li offers vastly better cooling and cable management options. It's a move I haven't regretted at all.

• Sad 1

As an owner of a 500D SE, and having moved to the O11D Dynamic, I recommend not waiting for the 500D. The Lian Li offers vastly better cooling and cable management options. It's a move I haven't regretted at all.

I almost went with the razor Lian Li. My issue was on that case and the ONLY issue was i have a EVGA FTW3 Hybrid 2080 Ti, no spot to mount the radiator on the back of that case. And since its just 120 RAD, It would just look to stupid to mount it on the bottom next to the other 2 fans and have that one fan and RAD sticking up higher than the rest lol. Just OCD kicked in and i couldn't live with it looking like that lol.

I almost went with the razor Lian Li. My issue was on that case and the ONLY issue was i have a EVGA FTW3 Hybrid 2080 Ti, no spot to mount the radiator on the back of that case. And since its just 120 RAD, It would just look to stupid to mount it on the bottom next to the other 2 fans and have that one fan and RAD sticking up higher than the rest lol. Just OCD kicked in and i couldn't live with it looking like that lol.

I actually went with the Dynamic XL. It does have a spot for a 120 fan/rad on the back panel but I'm not using it currently. 3 intake fans on the bottom, 3 exhaust up top on my H150i rad. My GPU temps are down by over 15°C and CPU by 10°C as opposed to the 500D. Corsair favors form over function in too many recent cases. Lian Li proves you can have great function with beautiful form.

I hear you on things looking silly. I probably would've gone with a 240 cooler on the bottom to match the 120 for the GPU. But that might just be me. I have the 500D, and a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv sitting empty because I loved the design but was unimpressed with the cooling.

Edited by Hockster2
Typos

I actually went with the Dynamic XL. It does have a spot for a 120 fan/rad on the back panel but I'm not using it currently. 3 intake fans on the bottom, 3 exhaust up top on my H150i rad. My GPU temps are down by over 15°C and CPU by 10°C as opposed to the 500D. Corsair favors form over function in too many recent cases. Lian Li proves you can have great function with beautiful form.

I hear you on things looking silly. I probably would've gone with a 240 cooler on the bottom to match the 120 for the GPU. But that might just be me. I have the 500D, and a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv sitting empty because I loved the design but was unimpressed with the cooling.

So i went and looked at the XL again and ordered it today LoL. My Obsidian comes in Friday and will send it back to Amazon lol.

My design in my head is going 3 120's on the bottom for intake, 3 120's on the side for intake, then my h150i 360 AIO up top with those fans on exhaust, then of course mounting my GPU RAD & Fan on the back in exhaust. 10 fans total lol.

Will a 1000w PSU fit in that thing?

So i went and looked at the XL again and ordered it today LoL. My Obsidian comes in Friday and will send it back to Amazon lol.

My design in my head is going 3 120's on the bottom for intake, 3 120's on the side for intake, then my h150i 360 AIO up top with those fans on exhaust, then of course mounting my GPU RAD & Fan on the back in exhaust. 10 fans total lol.

Will a 1000w PSU fit in that thing?

Absolutely. I have an HXi1000 in mine. I did try 3 fans along the side but found I didn't need them, and prefer the cleaner look of just top and bottom.

Here's a bad pic, I have horrible lighting at my desk for pictures and very nasty reflections. My cabling sucks too, everything was trained in the old system and it's taking ages to rebend everything and have it stay in place.

jJh9D3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I heard that on Micro Center. I posted an order on Friday for a friends no frills build. Order accepted, I thought everything was good... Wrong. Saturday the order canceled email came in on the motherboard. Went from online to in store only AFTER the order was placed. The video card has also now been changed to in store only, So i have to wait till tomorrow to see if it will ship or get canceled as well. So now i have a friends build money in limbo. Cant place an order with another store till i know what is going to happen here and parts are selling out fast.

Its not even that they were out of stock, They just decided to move it to in store only after the fact. So be careful with Micro Center. Bait and switch seems to be their business model right now.