Corsair Community

Question Regarding QL Fans Connected to Commander Pro

ryanoc

Hello,

I recently just connected 4 QL 120mm fans to my commander pro and booted up my computer and everything is working fine, the lights are on and the fans are spinning.

However, when I open up Icue it shows all 4 of my new QL fans under the commander pro, but fan #2 is showing up as 0 rpm even though it is spinning.

I tried to switch between multiple profiles, which all have custom fan curves based on the cpu coolant temp (h100i cooler), but it still shows 0.

I tried to restart cue and update as well as change it from 4 pin connector to auto and it still shows 0.

Anybody know something else I can try for this?

Thanks in advance.

QL fans are 4 pin, so set them to 4 pin into iCUE. The Auto setting just pumps your fans to 100% test on boot (to see if they are 3 or 4 pin), then there is no difference.

Try to connect another fan to port #2 and connect fan #2 in another port.

To my personal experience, it's most likely a problem with that fan more then a broken port of the CoPro (a dead port results in a not spinning fan). Probably an issue with thw wire that brings RPM signal, try to move the cable to see if anything changes.

Baio

Did you put it on another header?

TBH, it sounds like the tach wire/connection is bad but I'm trying to determine of that's on the CoPro or the fan.

Beated for 3 minutes! :laughing:

Baio

May as well add a 3rd reply of the same advice lol

Has the OP done some Hot Swapping of fan headers... this can be the result..

while powered down..,. swap fan 1 and 2 around ... does the problem follow the fan? if it doesnt its header... if it does.. its the fan

So I switched fans 1 and 2 only on the commander pro and that fixed the problem for whatever reason. Both fans show a number for rpm under in icue for all my profiles.

Does it matter to keep the fans switched? I reordered the fans so the lights go through them sequentially, but I'm assuming this won't matter.

Thank you guys for the quick reply.

Okay, that sounds reasonable haha.

Also, I have two ML 120 fans that came with my h100i cooler and they have been working great, but now with the 4 other ql fans I was thinking about getting 2 more ql fans for the radiator.

Is there a huge performance difference in these two fans when attaching to a radiator?

Thanks.

Okay, that sounds reasonable haha.

Also, I have two ML 120 fans that came with my h100i cooler and they have been working great, but now with the 4 other ql fans I was thinking about getting 2 more ql fans for the radiator.

Is there a huge performance difference in these two fans when attaching to a radiator?

Thanks.

No, they should perform approximately the same.

Baio