Corsair Community

Obsidian 450D fit H150i ok?

877cms

I'm looking to get a Corsair Obsidian 450D and install H150i cpu cooler, I heard there was some trouble with the H105 fitting? Maybe blocking the 8pin mobo connector?

(Motherboard will be Asus Maximus Code X with 8700k cpu)

Source Linus Tech Tips: (skip to 4:20)

[ame]

[/ame]

Any ideas please?

Edited by 877cms

Are you referring to H105 (280mm) or H150i PRO (360mm)?

If H105, it'll fit the 450D either front or top.

If H150i PRO, top mount will work

Hi,

I meant H150i PRO. Good to hear it will fit in the top and not impede motherboard 8 pin connections.

Thanks

Chris

Are you referring to H105 (280mm) or H150i PRO (360mm)?

If H105, it'll fit the 450D either front or top.

If H150i PRO, top mount will work

Hmm so I had earlier emailed Corsair support but it said it would be a couple of days which is why I posted here. The reply is:

“Upon checking the specs of your desired case and cooler, it appears that the coolers radiator is a bit long. The H150i Pro has 393mm length and the case can only accommodate 360mm. If you are only going to install fans, then yes, it would fit. However, since the radiator is a bit long, you might get issues installing it.”

So does the H150iPRO fit or not?

• 4 weeks later...
I am really curious as well. I already have the case and 393mm (15.47 in) does not seem to be a problem at all. The H150i cooler is coming from Amazon so I hope we can get an answer soon.

Please keep us posted on your findings. Im looking to install a H150iPro into a Corsair 450d as well. Have not purchased anything yet.

Hi both,

I ended up going for the H100i v2 on both my builds, it fits fine into the 450D case. The clearance was just enough for the Asus Maximux X Code to clear the VRM's, in fact there was not enough room to replace the H100i fans for the HD120's as they are slightly deeper.

You could easily get away with a longer 360mm radiator if you don't need the top 5&1/4 bays (which can be removed). I needed a BDR drive so was stuck with the smaller 240mm radiator.

Hope this helps!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I managed to install h150 in obsidian 450d.

IMG-20190129-200155598.jpg IMG-20190129-200210433.jpg

I used only four screws to mount the radiator. Also I had to move the 120mm fan on the back of the case outside because it obstructs the pipes.

Since you aren't using the 5.25" bays for anything, would it be possible to flip the radiator around and have the pipes up front instead of up against the rear fan? Or is there not enough clearance up front?

Man, what I would give for an official matrix of Corsair cases and AIO's that also indicated where each one could be positioned :)