Corsair Community

Corsair TX 650M - is there a problem?

Bafford

Hi!

I have a little issue (even though I am not sure if it's a problem or not). 3 weeks ago I bought a new Corsair TX 650M (CP-9020132-EU). I am very satisified with my purchase as PSU is very stable and cool. But there is a little thing that bothers me. When I am very close to the case, and - especially with my ear almost by the exhaust of the PSU, a faint irregular ticking or clicking noise can be heard, regardless of load. Sometimes quieter, sometimes louder.

It's not a problem for me, because when I am working on a PC normally I cannot hear these sounds at all (with the exeptions of rare louder clicks). But nonetheless I wonder if these are healthy sounds. On some days they happen more frequently, on some not so much. Is there a reason for me to be bothered or not?

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0k8xYadAYCo

Here is a recording of these clicks or ticks... Are these normal - or at least safe to ignore?

older fan controllers are not as quiet as more recent designs

i on the other hand force my psu fan to run all the time so that it remains cooler

i stuff my rigs with lots of fans to remove heat from front intake fans to rear/top exhaust