Corsair Community

750D Fan Directions

BaalPrime

Hello all, I made this account to ask all you fine people a question regarding the Obsidian 750D and it's optimal airflow. I love this case, it's very spacious and handsome, but its (very convenient) air filters are giving me mixed messages. Attached below is a photo of my PC with what it would seem is the suggested airflow set up, with the dust filter vents in-taking air.

X0WcD4r.png

The only problem is this seems suboptimal, like the air in the lower front of the case will simply be sucked in the immediately out by the bottom fans. Next is the fan configuration I have it set at currently.

J7x4id0.png

The air is sucked in from the bottom front and exhausted out the top right. Am I missing something? Is the suggested arrangement not very good? Because it would be nice to take advantage of both dust filters so I could clean it less.

I would not the presence or absence of an air filter to determine whether it should be intake or exhaust. Cost and fabrication were likely more influential. Your second diagram is the way to go unless you have some unusual hardware layout. There might be some 3rd party dust filters specific to the case for the bottom. I picked an entire Demciflex case kit for my 740 when I ran it reverse flow back to front, including all the little mesh sections.