Corsair Community

MP600 1 TB is very slow!

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Corsair Employee

Glad to hear the replacement is working better. Please keep an eye on it and test it as you fill it up. One of the other members had good results from their replacement initially, but saw similar results after a while.

Please keep us posted.

Received my new MP600 from Corsair today, shipping was insanely fast (2 business days) and the drive is now working perfectly.

No more random slowdowns and inconsistent results, cloned the defective drive and everything is working perfectly as of now.

a8VIqE1.png

Glad to hear the replacement is working better. Please keep an eye on it and test it as you fill it up. One of the other members had good results from their replacement initially, but saw similar results after a while.

Please keep us posted.

Will do, as I mentioned I cloned my old drive so it's at the same capacity as the old one was (~300GB of space used).

One interesting thing I noticed today when I opened up the Windows defragment/optimize drives (dfrgui.exe) is that it appears Windows was not optimizing any of my drives automatically, even though they were scheduled to be.

This might explain why I was having such major issues with sustained write speeds, but I don't know enough about the technology to say for sure. After running the optimization, sustained write tests maintain the expected speeds for much longer than what I've ever experienced before dropping off to 1GB/s, which I'm assuming is the uncached write speed of this drive.

Anyway, I'll be keeping my eye on it from now on and will let you know if I notice any changes or figure anything else out.

• Corsair Employee

Thank you! There are so many variables, be it in software and hardware, that can make it somewhat difficult to pinpoint the cause of these errors. That difficulty is only compounded by the fact that in all the units I've received from users on here, the performance is as advertised, whether empty, filled half-way, or even at 90%. I really wish I had more insight into the goings-on of all the cases presented here. :/ Still, I'll keep checking up the thread.

I will add your thoughts/notes into the spreadsheet I have with all the issues. Thank you again!

Will do, as I mentioned I cloned my old drive so it's at the same capacity as the old one was (~300GB of space used).

One interesting thing I noticed today when I opened up the Windows defragment/optimize drives (dfrgui.exe) is that it appears Windows was not optimizing any of my drives automatically, even though they were scheduled to be.

This might explain why I was having such major issues with sustained write speeds, but I don't know enough about the technology to say for sure. After running the optimization, sustained write tests maintain the expected speeds for much longer than what I've ever experienced before dropping off to 1GB/s, which I'm assuming is the uncached write speed of this drive.

Anyway, I'll be keeping my eye on it from now on and will let you know if I notice any changes or figure anything else out.

Thank you! There are so many variables, be it in software and hardware, that can make it somewhat difficult to pinpoint the cause of these errors. That difficulty is only compounded by the fact that in all the units I've received from users on here, the performance is as advertised, whether empty, filled half-way, or even at 90%. I really wish I had more insight into the goings-on of all the cases presented here. :/ Still, I'll keep checking up the thread.

I will probably Jinx myself but it has been a very long time now that I noticed the write slowdown again, been updating bios'es on my X570 master as they come in.

I'd guess the last time I saw it was 2 months ago.

Even been adding 200GB to my SSD yesterday to get over 50% usage and write speed was fine.

• Corsair Employee
I've ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI)

wist BIOS Version 1201 I get the 1000MB/s

with BIOS Version 1105 I get full speed 4280MB/s

Are you staying on the rolled back BIOS, Jordan? Also, if you do, can you please keep me updated on the performance?

I am more and more inclined to believe it has everything to do with software interaction between firmware, drivers, etc. I really hate seeing that there have been many with the slowdown issue and wish I could do more to help beyond just suggesting RMA'ing and such. :/

• Corsair Employee
I will probably Jinx myself but it has been a very long time now that I noticed the write slowdown again, been updating bios'es on my X570 master as they come in.

I'd guess the last time I saw it was 2 months ago.

Even been adding 200GB to my SSD yesterday to get over 50% usage and write speed was fine.

Oh excellent! I'm really glad to hear that! :)

Oh excellent! I'm really glad to hear that! :)

I can 100% relate to that, understanding and having experienced your job before. I'm not saying that all is well for others using this SSD but I do think it confirms your analysis that it's ..... complicated ... and probably a combination of factors. ... I do am wondering if the return SSD's have data on them because if there weren't, there's not much you can really test.

Update from my end,

Kevin: CDM is running as Admin, and I tried to disable/reenable write caching buffer, this has no effect.

I then went to check my optimize/trim tool which user brian91292 suggested. It is set to trim the disk weekly, but hasn't done it in 27 days(?). I manually optimized the drive, and voilà, the MP600 advertised write speeds are back.

Is this a trim issue in the Windows environment with the MP600 or what is going on?

Update from my end,

Kevin: CDM is running as Admin, and I tried to disable/reenable write caching buffer, this has no effect.

I then went to check my optimize/trim tool which user brian91292 suggested. It is set to trim the disk weekly, but hasn't done it in 27 days(?). I manually optimized the drive, and voilà, the MP600 advertised write speeds are back.

Is this a trim issue in the Windows environment with the MP600 or what is going on?

Yeah, I set mine to daily and it still doesn’t run at all. Not sure what’s up with that, as my intel 660p seems to be trimmed automatically.

This could potentially explain why Kevin isn't experiencing the same issues when benching our "faulty" drives; Windows will automatically run optimize/trim once a new drive is detected. This setting is ON by default in any Windows 10 installation.

I could be horribly wrong though, and Kevin should chime in on this and his test methodologies.

• Corsair Employee

Update:

In another test one of my own test samples, I saw slightly lower than expected sequential write (not the 1GB/s everyone else has seen), and I used the Windows 10 optimization in disk management.

Optimizing the drive in Windows 10 seemed to bring the speeds back to normal, so yes, I agree that this could potentially help.

For those who want to try, follow these steps:

- Press Win+R

- Type "dfrgui.exe" then press enter

- Highlight the drive in question

- Click the "Optimize" button

If you want to make Windows automatically optimize, you can change the scheduling settings.

Edited by Corsair Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I followed and read carefully all this thread before write, hoping to find a solution to slow performance of my 2 MP600 SSDs.

Yes because I tryed with both of the 1TB and 2TB model, with widnows 10 x64 Pro new installations withous success.

Even tryed with and without firmware upgrade, but there is no way!

Both drive are very fast about during the first 30 second after windows login, after this short time they degrade stopping around 50% of the advised performace.

With Passmarck performance test 9.0, drives give a results of about 34000, dropping permanently to 18000 like a standard ssd drive... very poor...

With CrystalDiskMark 7.0.0g both in read and write they results 3,4 - 3,3 GB/s

Both SSDs are new, and never been formatted. I installad Windows 10 immedialtly on the new drive.

I tryed usugn M.2 Socket on MotherBorard and an PCIx M.2 Card. No difference.

I've uninstalled AI Suite III, without success... No difference for performance.

Please help me. Tell me where I Wrong or please give me a suggestion to solve this problem. I buyed this 2 Drives SSD only because in many comparsion test they results the best... Are they all false????

Please help me.

My Configuration is:

PerformanceTest Version: 9.0 (Build 1035) WIN64

Operating System: Windows 10 Professional Edition build 18363 (64-bit)

Motherboard Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

Motherboard Model: WS X299 SAGE/10G

Motherboard Version: Rev 1.xx

BIOS Version: 2002

BIOS Release Date: 2019/10/03

CPU Information: Type: Intel Core i9-7980XE @ 2.60GHz

Memory Information: Total Physical Memory: 65204MB

8 x 8GB DDR4 SDRAM PC4-25600

Corsair CMD32GX4M4B3200C16

XMP: 1.35V, Clk: 1600.0MHz, Timings 16-18-18-36

Virtual Memory: C:\pagefile.sys (9728MB)

Drive Information: Physical Drive 0: Force MP600

Drive Size: 931GB Partitions: D:

Interface Type: NVMe

Drive Serial Number: 193282290001285511D6

Physical Drive 1: Force MP600

Drive Size: 1907GB Partitions: C:

Interface Type: NVMe

Drive Serial Number: 19438230000128560005

Video Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Chip Type: 0x1E07

DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC

Memory: 11263MB

Video BIOS: 90.02.17.00.48

Monitor 1: 5120x2160x32 60Hz 144 DPI (Primary monitor)

Temperatures:

CPU 0: 33.8C (Maximum: 33.8C)

CPU Core 0: 30.0C (Maximum: 44.0C)

CPU Core 1: 28.0C (Maximum: 33.0C)

CPU Core 2: 27.0C (Maximum: 34.0C)

CPU Core 3: 26.0C (Maximum: 33.0C)

CPU Core 4: 28.0C (Maximum: 38.0C)

CPU Core 5: 28.0C (Maximum: 32.0C)

CPU Core 6: 27.0C (Maximum: 32.0C)

CPU Core 7: 28.0C (Maximum: 33.0C)

CPU Core 8: 29.0C (Maximum: 34.0C)

CPU Core 9: 30.0C (Maximum: 35.0C)

CPU Core 10: 28.0C (Maximum: 32.0C)

CPU Core 11: 28.0C (Maximum: 32.0C)

CPU Core 12: 26.0C (Maximum: 33.0C)

CPU Core 13: 28.0C (Maximum: 35.0C)

CPU Core 14: 28.0C (Maximum: 32.0C)

CPU Core 15: 27.0C (Maximum: 31.0C)

CPU Core 16: 27.0C (Maximum: 33.0C)

CPU Core 17: 30.0C (Maximum: 36.0C)

Hard Disk 0: 29.0C (Maximum: 29.0C)

Hard Disk 1: 25.0C (Maximum: 30.0C)

Hard Disk 2:

Hard Disk 3:

GPU 0: 29.0C (Maximum: 40.0C)

DgIOH5Z

LTP5qFO

Edited by Sharas77
Image posting

I took a little while to send my MP600 off (Australia Post kept sending it back to me!), but once Corsair received my item it only took a couple of days for a replacement to arrive.

I have just cloned back to the MP600 and ran the same tests as previous, MUCH better results, even with less available storage than previous

H13l5wq.jpg

I thought I'd jump on this forum as I too am having the same write speed issues with my MP600

Ryzen 5 - 3600X

ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING

BIOS and drivers are all up to date.

Advanced RMA has been requested.

zGmKcOE.jpg

I have the same prob,lem with my Force MP600 1TB.

Read and write speed has down dramatically from nearly 1 month of use.

I have an Aorus z390 pro Wifi Board, Intel i9 990-k And 32gb Corsair Vengance Dominator, i use the MP600 as a primary disc, I dont have more drives.

lAKILuBSQwVUeADvN1dI9xQ8iPH_G4oEMyWlLMgmYpHIos1z-qJeHJpGsEMN0YzlYuOLLJQsStRZEXRUQ5fBuztDKweVgoEQaTGTW5bBTA6PWvAeBf7ENl1L5Esugj86wgIDG0F47MDKqG5wYFlNrNubRrTrK2wQZEgkQamXJQDO6PHdsqrR4LqnjzQDy8Hr_n8bFIHXszRGY6-Z1tBjqoRGAHNS2vAPFNCm42rDDbAjtpx-8QmDkkj15KqjtVWboA1FguZDFSezACh1rc1ldMKSf6nbhufZmMMXC6oiiOofwnrRW-W6s5tcMPEzbsh1e6bGkURHzr8bbpMgUZbSXlmXar8S-HoK8SiEZLjei0DjkpWDNqZimkIDE2ZXkEkxok6hmQyqmejzX9U5qdWheJa61VzQBMFj_ASc1_0mlOYCnvTDLZuQBmW0N0SFkV_vSMdFizb8QIozqvCWLiqK0POeKJr8Sz2sVCqCl-eYwMC6aJPwbO56hmq9JN3UNVl_HREvb05tjbvt6lwigu0v2Jm4V98K2xLCy0QXFd5-UL2I96KEd--ofthO6JO86XVykbqETj3GDdtfaDNvFERGHDGMaL69Ec8dp_omlL8oCHvWU4tWhzwJB_LWC6GUlp6ph5zgP3sJ41VGzO9lhUciqNXePaPEXcOqw6o0zTMi4nMdTy4MOmnWeLo=w402-h365-no

I requested an advanced RMA almost 2 Months ago and Paid for it at the time.

I also have reached out to support about not receiving it 2 days ago, still no response.

So is anyone else having issues with very slow Advanced RMAs?

TBH this is really leaving a sour taste in my mouth for corsair.

Capture1.thumb.png.1a602c186bfb88005c5e25cadc1c4dce.png

Just wanna chime in here and say my drive has been getting decent / advertised speeds at about 30% capacity.

X570 board, ryzen 3600 FWIW

However, today I updated from the 11.1 firmware to the 11.3 firmware, and now in crystaldiskmark my WRITE speeds for 4KiB went from ~500MB/s to ~350MB/s. This is a 30% reduction in speed!

It did not affect any other of the benchmarks in the test; however, I cannot get it to go above ~350MB/s in that test no matter how many restarts I do, benchmarks I perform, etc. It's not throttling either--Tmax for me on the mp600 is 48C

Cliffs

-the 11.3 firmware update may actually slow your drive down

-get it together please Corsair

Edited by beardstheticz

Today I uploaded the latest firmware.

I don't know what's new, but one thing is certain: writing speed has not improved.

Model: Force MP600 NVMe Fixed disk Size: 1TB (450 GB free space)

Firmware version: EGFM11.3

Windows 10 Pro v.1909 build: 18363.592

attachment.php?attachmentid=37309&stc=1&d=1579195281

ATTO_16012020.jpg.1f2adffa1eefb03fa189a6ea92208338.jpg

• Confused 1