Corsair Community

TWINX2048-3200PRO and Asus A8N-SLI

morg

I recently bought 4GB of the TWINX2048-3200PRO memory modules and an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard. Using all four sticks at once does not appear to be supported though. When I install them, it only detects 3GB of installed memory, and the computer runs slowly. If I take out two modules, the system runs fine. Should I wait to see if a BIOS update can fix this, or is it a hardware problem? If so, should I try to return the memory for another brand?

• 2 months later...
I recently bought 4GB of the TWINX2048-3200PRO memory modules and an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard. Using all four sticks at once does not appear to be supported though. When I install them, it only detects 3GB of installed memory, and the computer runs slowly. If I take out two modules, the system runs fine. Should I wait to see if a BIOS update can fix this, or is it a hardware problem? If so, should I try to return the memory for another brand?

I have the same mother board and the same memory. I have 4GB of TwinX 2048-3200Pro and the same problem. I e-mailed support about this memory and Ramguy assured me that it would work fine. I am almost positive that he was 100% correct considering the fact that others that own the same mother board are having multiple problems with the A8N-SLi Deluxe mother board.

Good luck and I hope someone post the right answer for this problem. I could sure use a solution now!

How do we manually configure according to settings here: Prefer not using auto!

DRAM CONFIGURATION

Memory Hole for PCI MMIO Enable or Disable? Currently Enabled

Max MEMCLOCK (MHz) DDR400 I presume!? Currently set@DDR400

1T/2T Memory Timing 1T or 2T I presume 2T? Currently set @2T

CAS# Latency (Tcl) Auto 2.0,2.5,or 3? I presumed 3? Currently set@3

RAS# to CAS# Delay (Trcd) Auto 2-7 I presume 3? Currently set @3

MIN RAS# active timing (Tras) Auto 5-11 I presume 8? Currently set @8

Row Precharge Time (Trp) Auto 2-6 I presume 3? Currently set @3

Row Cycle Time (Trc) Auto 7-13? Currently Auto

Row refresh cycle time (Trfc) Auto 9-15? Currently Auto

Write Recovery Time (Twr) Auto 2-3? Currently Auto

Read to Write Delay (Trwt) Auto 1-6? Currently Auto

I wish I had waited about a month or two before buying the A8N-SLi Deluxe mother board so I could do a more productive research. If I could do it all over again I would buy the MSI or Gigabyte SLi mother board instead!!!!!

Now that I have concluded my gripe session; my system is running as well as I expected it to before purchase. The problem is that I expected it to run as well as it is now the first time I powered it up. I had to do a lot of "homework" to get it up to par. If there are any modifications you would perform on your identical system please let me know!

Thanks-

brian_belter@bellsouth.net

Thermaltake Purepower 560w PSU (Actual Output 540W)

ThermalTake Tsunami Dream chasis (Blk)

A8N-SLi Deluxe

AMD 64FX-55

TwinX2048-3200PRO (X2=4GB) (Bought together same lot#'s)

BFG GeForce 6800GT OC (X2) (Bought together same lot#'s)

74GB WD Raptor (10K RPM as the OS/Primary)

OS WINXP PRO

250GB WD Caviar (7200 RPM as storage/slave)

ASUS CRW-5232AS CD Burner (Bootable)

ASUS DRW-1604P DVD Burner

• Corsair Employee
The thing you have too remember is the ASUS was one of the first on the market, so you will probably see more having trouble. In addition, 3 of those links are because of incorrect PSU's and one looks like they just have a bad HDD. You really need to take these kinds of things with a grain of salt and look at the problems and the solutions before you judge the problem. And that type of issue is not uncommon with any new platform.

The thing you have too remember is the ASUS was one of the first on the market, so you will probably see more having trouble. In addition, 3 of those links are because of incorrect PSU's and one looks like they just have a bad HDD. You really need to take these kinds of things with a grain of salt and look at the problems and the solutions before you judge the problem. And that type of issue is not uncommon with any new platform.

Agreed! I am still only showing 2.75GB of RAM with 4GB installed, but the LED's are active on all four modules. I am not sure why system is only showing 2.75GB of RAM. Have any ideas?

Shows 2.75 GB in BIOS?

Try one stick at a time in each slot, see what each one is reported as. If they're each reported as 2 GB, it's a memory controller problem, or a really FUBAR'd BIOS.

Yes sir! It shows 2.75GB in BIOS. FUBAR was exactly right. I am also having issues with my secondary hard drive, but that is a different forum! LOL

What happens when you try one stick at a time?

Will do, then I will post results here. TidBit of wisdom from trial and error: dont try to remove your CPU Fan/Heatsink. Thermal Paste!!!! That was an expensive incident I almost created last night.

Archived