Corsair Community

Thumbs up for Corsair Tech Support

xaviergzz

I been following this forum for a few weeks now and today from reading the forums, I most say, good job Corsair!!! it seems that you have shifted into high gear with the problems that have been reported and I for one applaud you.

Keep up the good work! :D:

Well, as per usual the techies will offer the best support they can.

However it eludes me what Product Management was thinking. Were I a product manager I would be VERY interested in the comments of this forum and I wouldn't have to wait for other employees to pass information to me, I'd be all over it myself.

Should one of the "empowered" actually come down from their ivory towers and take a glance at this forum, let's ask them where the separate modules are. I think the last word was "end of this month" and IIRC that was in January.

Oh some real documentation and explanation on how it all works would be nice as well. Or are we supposed to pull the .dll's into Reflector or something?

I been following this forum for a few weeks now and today from reading the forums, I most say, good job Corsair!!! it seems that you have shifted into high gear with the problems that have been reported and I for one applaud you.

Keep up the good work! :D:

I also have been following for a while and have been very outspoken. It is nice to see that (Finally) Corsair is reading and responding promptly to our questions. That is all I ever wanted. All new products have problems. Ignoring them only makes people angry. Facing them will solve them.

I am particularly happy with the Firmware sticky which is something I have wanted for a while.

Keep it up Corsair.

I'd have to agree with Ensor on this one. Any Product Manager signing off and letting a product roll off to the general public when it should not have, is not competent in my eyes. (I'm talking about inexistant software documentation, software instructing the user to do something (when they should not.. ie., firmware update), major shortfalls in stated functioning vs actual, etc., etc....

I'd have to agree with Ensor on this one. Any Product Manager signing off and letting a product roll off to the general public when it should not have, is not competent in my eyes. (I'm talking about inexistant software documentation, software instructing the user to do something (when they should not.. ie., firmware update), major shortfalls in stated functioning vs actual, etc., etc....

I agree with both of you. But now we have their attention. Let's hope that now we can figure this thing (the Link) out and get it to work like it should.

• Corsair Employee
Should one of the "empowered" actually come down from their ivory towers and take a glance at this forum, let's ask them where the separate modules are. I think the last word was "end of this month" and IIRC that was in January.

Oh some real documentation and explanation on how it all works would be nice as well. Or are we supposed to pull the .dll's into Reflector or something?

We are working to get the individual Cooling and Lighting nodes up on the website now. I would hope that those involved would get those up in the next few days. As soon as they are up we can start shipping as we do have them in inventory already.

I have been told that full software manual is in the works. What the time frame is I don't know. We will try to get as much information as possible posted so there is less guessing on what Link can do and how it is supposed to work.

major shortfalls in stated functioning vs actual,

I know we have a few threads about different issues, can you be more specific in what you would like to see fixed? Fan compatibility is actually priority number one right now as that seems to be the most common issue. However, if you have more pressing issues you see, please let us know.

We are working to get the individual Cooling and Lighting nodes up on the website now. I would hope that those involved would get those up in the next few days. As soon as they are up we can start shipping as we do have them in inventory already.

I have been told that full software manual is in the works. What the time frame is I don't know. We will try to get as much information as possible posted so there is less guessing on what Link can do and how it is supposed to work.

I know we have a few threads about different issues, can you be more specific in what you would like to see fixed? Fan compatibility is actually priority number one right now as that seems to be the most common issue. However, if you have more pressing issues you see, please let us know.

I have to agree with this whole thread all good points, and about time corsair noticed forums, and well accepted, but you guys are tech support and do the best you can with the info "you are allowed" just because you tell the development team of problems does not mean they are hard at work. They simply tell you soon, and in turn you tell us the same because you do not know any more then that. I would really encourage someone form the R&D team to come on forums to answer questions. You RamGuys can not fix the issues we have software/hardware, its the engineers that can, and they should at least have one rep on here! I know they keep you in the dark just as much as us. If you can get a R&D rep to join forums I guarntee they will change their tune. Its here where R&D can learn not from the cheep papers with drawings on them saying it should work in therory. I personally don't want to rant at the tech support, I'd rather rant at R&D and the managers etc as they make the product and decissions to sell it, but they are not to be found for good reason, so unfortunatly your the middle man, who get the short end of the stick. Please bring a R&D person to forums.

:wall: Done. What would you like answered?

I guess the biggest one is why doesn't the Link control fans (other than Corsair's) like it is supposed to?

Do they have any ideas?

Is there something that may be preventing this that we have installed on our machines? Maybe something really stupid like we all have the same anti virus?

I guess the biggest one is why doesn't the Link control fans (other than Corsair's) like it is supposed to?

Do they have any ideas?

From another thread:
We are evaluating different methods of fan control that would hopefully allow a much wider compatibility with 3rd party fans. All of them require a firmware update for the Cooling node/H80/H100. From this thread I have seen the following fans called out:

Thermalright TY-140

Noctua NF-P14 FLX

Prolimatech Blue Vortex 140

COUGAR CF-V12HP

BitFenix Spectre Pro

Coolermaster

Gentle Typhoon

I am positive there are lots more out there that have not been called out by part number. If you do not see your particular brand or model number listed, let us know what your using.

We will update on the fan control issue by the end of this week (3/16/12). I will have a better understanding if the changes work on a large scale and how many bugs we still have to work out of the new method. It will use the same hardware so an RMA will not be needed, just a firmware update.

• Corsair Employee

Do they have any ideas?

Is there something that may be preventing this that we have installed on our machines? Maybe something really stupid like we all have the same anti virus?

It is not something in the user systems specifically as I can reproduce it on my local test machines with the fans outlined in the threads on the forums.

Mainly the issues are differences in motor torque, tach feedback, and our algorithm. For some of the fans, if the controller does not see the RPM change when lowering the PWM percentage, it lowers it more until it actually changes. When it does change it then goes down to much and it raises the PWM percentage back up. We had built in a limit to the amount of times it can fluctuate until it stops trying so that the fans do not keep oscillating indefinitely. This is all in the millisecond range. Some respond better to a different frequency than what we are using.

We are looking at as many avenues as needed to make the fan compatibility much better than it is right now. As we complete more testing and evaluate different solutions we should have a better idea of how much we will be able to cover from a compatibility standpoint.

@ cool guy, why would you release a product without proper testing? honest answer would be nice. What is the time line on any repairs, we keep hearing soon but, thats like a broken record. I was so excited over this product and if it was 90% functional, I would not be so upset, and you could have worked on other 10% as time allowed. If I understand you correctly you canot reproduce lack of fan controll in your system, how far did research go.....just your computer? should you not have sent out a 100 to beta testers to see if it will universaly comply? and to work out most bugs? You are a major company, but with this product and support seem like a mom and pop shop. I should say support from the techs is good and they try their best, but the product design, software problems, firmware problems, lack of function, acceriories not for sale, am I getting my point across? No news on progress for fixes, no manual....I mean come on, all this from a major company. Most everything should have been rock solid prior to release, not a project as we go. None of this is tech supports fault its yours since your in the R&D dept. Seems like pride was lost with making this product or was pushed way to quick to sale maybe because of cost overruns. Try being very honest with the forums about these problems you may be suprised that positive responses await you. We just want answers I spent over 140$ for a product I have to waste time on to get to work, wouldnt you be mad too? Here I'm gonna sell YOU the London bridge for 300$ and contact me if you have any issues, you would be upset if I had no good answers as to why police arrested you, why there is rust on it, etc. I look forward to hearing your response :sunglasse

If I understand you correctly you canot reproduce lack of fan controll in your system

It's the other way around:

It is not something in the user systems specifically as I can reproduce it on my local test machines with the fans outlined in the threads on the forums.

Thank You Wired for bringing to attention my mistake, so still waiting for cool guy to respond? if you can reproduce them then why was this not done before any shipments? I'm just trying to get honest answeres for the rest of the forums. We all make mistakes as Wired noted mine we are human, but there is a nuclar fallout with your designe of your product and am curious in whats taking place....besides were working on it, because I'm shipping my second unit back tomorrow, and when I get my third unit I really don't want to sit on these forums, I really do have better things to do, but also want this product to work. ;):

• Corsair Employee

robandcathy

I do not know that he will be able to comment on this as it was not a mistake, just some fans may not have worked when it was developed and as he already stated we are looking at adding support for other fans now. If there is a way to allow other manufacturers fans to work with our unit I am sure we will but I suspect that it may be that some fans for what ever reason may not work. However, please give us some time to complete the testing.

:wall: Done. What would you like answered?

I'd like to throw in that it seems my LED profile will not stick. If I power down my system the LED's are reset. This has happened across two different system builds, both W7 x64. I also have big plans for the LED strips once they become available on the store :biggrin:

Dewayne

• Corsair Employee

We do a lot of product testing on everything we sell at Corsair during development and Corsair Link is no different. It was sent out to beta testers around the world and run for 3 months before release. All user feedback was incorporated into the software/firmware before release. If no one reports a problem to me, I cant fix it. Was no one using certain aftermarket fans in their cases in the beta? I don't know. I did not pick the individuals personally. How was it that not a single one of the international beta testers had a non US version of Windows installed? Good question. That person would have had an issue and we would have made the changes to the profile format before it shipped.

We are however addressing any concerns users are facing. We are listening to the community and trying to clear up any questions one might have about the product and its functionality.

I have answered the questions as to why some fans may not have the ability to be controlled or have limited range of control.

I promised an update today and I am here to provide it. We are currently seeing a marked improvement with 3rd party fans with the adjustments made to date. Further enhancements will be made over the weekend and we hope to have the new firmware into qualification by Monday. Full details will be provided when we are closer to release.

We do a lot of product testing on everything we sell at Corsair during development and Corsair Link is no different. It was sent out to beta testers around the world and run for 3 months before release. All user feedback was incorporated into the software/firmware before release. If no one reports a problem to me, I cant fix it. Was no one using certain aftermarket fans in their cases in the beta? I don't know. I did not pick the individuals personally. How was it that not a single one of the international beta testers had a non US version of Windows installed? Good question. That person would have had an issue and we would have made the changes to the profile format before it shipped.

We are however addressing any concerns users are facing. We are listening to the community and trying to clear up any questions one might have about the product and its functionality.

I have answered the questions as to why some fans may not have the ability to be controlled or have limited range of control.

I promised an update today and I am here to provide it. We are currently seeing a marked improvement with 3rd party fans with the adjustments made to date. Further enhancements will be made over the weekend and we hope to have the new firmware into qualification by Monday. Full details will be provided when we are closer to release.

Thank you Cool Guy, This information and attention is all that we have been asking for. I am looking forward to the firmware update.

Cool Guy,

Why don't hard drive temps update?

Why does the light profile not stick once initially set and later changed (save does not work on re-boot but works fine on re-load)?

When will we see the 2 pin case fan controller port explained/enabled with the necessary cable (assuming it's for corsair cases with fan controllers) and will it be provided to existing users free or for an additional fee?

Will sensor extensions be made available?

Will we be seeing graphics card fan control (based off GPU temp) in the future (after all current issues are resolved as this looks like an add on feature)?

All I could think of off the top of my head to ask at the moment. Thanks for the explanation and openness by the way. Much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

so..a month into qualification..any news here:

• Corsair Employee

The Product manager for this product has been out of the country but I will send them a message.

EDIT: Actually just spoke to him, we are still working on the next release. Should know more by next week about what will be available and when.

Archived