Corsair Community

Ironclaw RGB Wireless Broken wheel

Hello,

is my second Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless in 1.5 Months... and both with the same problem, broken wheel, im not using the wheel button so often , like 2~5 times a day, the wheel i use a lot but not the button... Anyway the mouse cost 80€ and the material are so so *****, so please dont buy this mouse. The wheel now is inside the mouse fo some reason... and ofc i can not scroll the pages :mad: :mad:

I am sharing this to prevent other people from doing the same as me, buying this garbage, as it is not even worth 1 €

Same issue as me, it lasted just long enough to get past in store replacement, shipping isn't worth the cost to get it replaced.

Now I have issues with my Dark Core SE I replaced it with losing wireless connection constantly, 3 times last night playing EQ for only a few hours.

I am beginning to question my investment in Corsair these days.

yea... i was looking for smiliar problems and looks like all the corsair mice wheel are extremely weak and bad...

so my conclusion is to dont buy corsair mice... maybe they will fix it on the next gen but for now dont worth it... :mad:

in 30 years is the first time "i broke" my mouse wheel....

i already ask for my money back and i bought a logitech

I have the same issue with Ironclaw wired: used for about two weeks and it broken. Moved the mouse to the edge of the table while was cleaning PC, it fallen, hung on the cable with weak strike of the table's side surface while hanging (didn't fall to the floor or somehow accelerated). After pulling it back suddenly discovered that the wheel is laying inside without support. Disassembled the mouse - found that the left axis is broken off (it should get in the hole which support the whole wheel and report scrolling). Shown it on the attached photo.

The most disappointing is that this was the first mouse for a long time that 100% perfectly fit my hand and grip:(: Really great feeling but so weak quality inside, hope this will be solved in some kind of updated model in near future...

Sorry for my English, almost haven't speaking practice - mostly reading))

wheel.thumb.jpg.63a0adb8032d50aaf10b7d3faf02bee1.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Same problem! Midway through scrolling and something suddenly felt off, looked closer to notice that the wheel has been depressed into the slot and is not rolling correctly anymore. Mouse was purchased end of last November!

• 2 weeks later...

My Wired one's scrolling has become pretty akward to the point im switching to a $10 mouse midgame just out of frustration. i got i for almost a year now, a very good mouse but the scrolling wheels feels so cheap. its to the point where you scroll down or up it somtimes does not respond or goes in the opposite direction. so perhaps its wear on the axis?

Unless they improve the wheel, im afraid my next mouse is not going to be a corsair one.

How long ago did you purchase the mouse?

We can get you taken care of with a replacement. You will need to submit a support ticket on our website, and one of our Technical Support members can help you out from there.

https://support.corsair.com/

Am on my 3rd ironclaw wireless mouse now that i got about November time and just had the same issue as the last 2. i absolutely love the mouse but i keep getting the same common fault where the scroll wheel snaps at its post.

is this something that will be addressed in manufacturing?

My Ironclaw RGB just broke after 7 weeks. Same issue with the mouse wheel. Appears that the mount on the wheel's left side gave way somehow. I have returned it for replacement. I really like the mouse when it works, but am concerned after reading these forums and reviews on other sites that the replacement will break in the same fashion.

I just want to add my similar experience to the above for data/other customers. Got the mouse in October 2019 (it is now June 2020), use it often, obviously, but no differently than any other mice I've ever had. The exact same thing happened as described in other posts here.

I submitted a help request but feel similarly that it may not make a difference.

I have the same issue with Ironclaw wired: used for about two weeks and it broken. Moved the mouse to the edge of the table while was cleaning PC, it fallen, hung on the cable with weak strike of the table's side surface while hanging (didn't fall to the floor or somehow accelerated). After pulling it back suddenly discovered that the wheel is laying inside without support. Disassembled the mouse - found that the left axis is broken off (it should get in the hole which support the whole wheel and report scrolling). Shown it on the attached photo.

The most disappointing is that this was the first mouse for a long time that 100% perfectly fit my hand and grip:(: Really great feeling but so weak quality inside, hope this will be solved in some kind of updated model in near future...

Sorry for my English, almost haven't speaking practice - mostly reading))

How did you pull out the mouse wheel?

Had my mouse wheel start making a much more tactile feedback and louder click for about one rotation then it started free wheeling. Only had enough time for my mind to consciously register the difference in mouse wheel sound before it happened.

The ergonomics of the mouse are awesome, but given my location, having to ship things around the country to get items covered under warranty is enough for me to move onto my second choice rather than try the mouse again after seeing this issue reported in multiple locations.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I've the exact same issue on two differen ironclaw rgb wireless mices, both bought in 2020. One of the mouse has been already replaced and is already broken.

So for now:

3 Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless -> 3 Broken Wheel Mices.

I'm not a heavy gamer and never had issues with any other mouse with half the price of this one.

Regards

Bixio

Well as a WFH programmer and then playing Battlefield as my preferred game (lots of grenade throwing, bound to the scroll wheel button click) I'm wondering if i made a sensible decision buying this mouse :(

If I get past the 30 days what are the options if it breaks (I'm in the UK, bought the mouse from Amazon)

Well as a WFH programmer and then playing Battlefield as my preferred game (lots of grenade throwing, bound to the scroll wheel button click) I'm wondering if i made a sensible decision buying this mouse :(

If I get past the 30 days what are the options if it breaks (I'm in the UK, bought the mouse from Amazon)

After the store return policy expires, you have Corsair's RMA service.

After the store return policy expires, you have Corsair's RMA service.

Yes, I'd grasped that from previous entries in the thread, I mis-worded my post I guess.

What I'm trying to understand is if it's a PITA to RMA: do you have to pay for insured postage etc, how fast is the turnaround, do you have to argue your case, that sort of thing...

Basically does the potential faffing about with a RMA outweigh the fact the design of the mouse was almost exactly what I was looking for?

On a side note, I already don't like the mouse wheel click. It's way too stiff. Enough to disturb my careful aim when trying to lob a grenade in Battlefield.

Perhaps that stiffness is part of the reason it fails so often as it needs that much more force applied to register the click.

On another side note, how unintuitive is the iCue software??? I had to re-install it for the mouse. Argghh.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons