Corsair Community

Ironclaw Wireless RGB - Phantom Clicks

russk

I purchased my Ironclaw Wireless RGB mouse in February of this year, so it's less than a year old.

About a week or so ago, I noticed when using it on my laptop (iCue not installed) that any time I was dragging an email to a folder in Outlook, once I'd drop it that folder would get opened. It was like once I let go of the mouse button, it was registering another click. There were also times when I would single click a button, and it would count as if I double clicked it.

I thought it was some issue with the laptop, but now I realize it happens on my desktop as well, which does have iCue installed. I checked for firmware updates but iCue says the mouse and dongle are up to date. I also haven't changed the firmware recently.

I see quite a few threads for this issue on this forum for other models of Corsair mice. It's pretty frustrating to spend $90 on a mouse and have this kind of issue this early. Does this model of mouse have the same hardware issue as the others?

Has anyone used the RMA process with Corsair before? I'm assuming this is going to cost me money to ship, and I'll be without the mouse for some time (so additional cost to buy a mouse to hold me over). Do you get the same serial number back, repaired? Or do they send you some other refurb unit that may not be in decent shape?

It appears the Ironclaw RGBs are still having button issues. This is a known thing.

The one I bought had double-clicking issues on the upstroke as well.

My warranty refurb's mouse wheel broke clean off.

Thanks for the insight! I was aware of people having issues with the mouse wheel breaking as well, but knowing you had it happen from a refurb makes me even more hesitant to go through the RMA process. It seems there's a good chance I'd be trading one problem in for another.

The repair and replacement of the internal switch seems to be within my skill set from the articles I've found, so I'm probably going to give it a go myself even thought it's under warranty.

It's unfortunate, I really like this Keyboard and Mouse, and the iCue software. I hope that Corsair figures out how to avoid these hardware defects in future models.

Just to close this one out, I did wind up taking the mouse apart and performed the fix for the Omron switch.

The piece of metal that you have to bend inside the switch is incredibly thin and flimsy, maybe slightly stronger than a piece of foil. So, if you do the repair, be sure to be delicate and have the proper tools. The Omron switch itself isn't easy to pop open, I used a 1mm flat head screw driver to pop the tabs on each side. Anything bigger than that was too thick to get under the tabs.

Now that it's finished, the mouse is working 100% without the phantom click issue. I'm glad I decided to go that route instead of going through RMA.