Corsair Community

Hurt, Frustrated and Confused with my New K90

ConfusedCanuck

A few day ago i placed an order for a K90 Keyboard on "WWW.AMAZON.CA". I received the keyboard today. I installed it as per instructions. But for whatever reason the "L" key just does not work properly. When I press it in the same manner as other keys nothing happens. When I really push down extremely hard it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, and sometimes several "L"'s show up.

What I find most ironic about the whole situation is how you all explicitly put a sign in the box saying 'DO NOT RETURN TO THE STORE YOU BOUGHT IT FROM' in capital letters, almost as if you 'knew' that the product is likely to be defective.

And you know what the worst part is? I paid about 140 dollars for this keyboard, and my previous, 2 year old, 10 dollar keyboard from Logitech never had these problems, and definitely not on day 1 of purchase.

So what am I supposed to do about this whole situation? Since right now my hand is itching to call up Amazons word class after sales service instead of dealing with this nonsense.

Serial No. 1209840300001850xxxx [full serial number is in support ticket i fied

1. Pop off the L, any dirt underneath?

2. You're completely taking the notice out of context. Corsair wants you to contact them instead of returning it as sometimes items get returned not because there's something wrong, but because the customer isn't well informed. You can certainly return it to the store if you'd like.

I took out the keycap of the 'L' key and took off another random key for comparison and they both look exactly the same. Here is a transcript of me typing a pangram a few times:

the  quick brown fox jumps over the azy dog
the quick brown fox jumps over the azy dog
the quick brown fox jumps over the azy dooog
the quiock brown fox jumps over the azy dog

This is just me typing naturally and as you can see the 'L' doesn't even register a single time.

And in regards to me taking the sign out of context, well honestly I don't care to argue semantics. The sign exists and its placed on top of your product so you can't miss it. And my product is defective on arrival. I am simply putting 2 and 2 together

1. Not my product. I don't work for them.

2. I'll clarify - I was talking about your statement regarding "almost as if you 'knew' that the product is likely to be defective". The flyer should certainly have more information on it or be rewritten, but it's a far cry from "DO NOT RETURN THIS PRODUCT TO THE STORE" to "almost as if you 'knew' that the product is likely to be defective".

2 and 2 together? Sorry, but that's just faulty logic. There is far from enough information to tie the flyer and your problem together. It's loose speculation at best.

It's a bad key, it happens. Now I don't know if something like this is catchable by their current QC, but it's a fair question to ask. In otherwords, is the current quality control setup capable of checking for something like this, and if so, does it?

• Corsair Employee
We're sorry you received a faulty keyboard. Wired is correct and we don't intend the STOP to deter people from returning the product. It is there so if people have issues, they can seek us out and we can help them determine if the product is indeed defective so they won't have the same issue persisting when exchanging. This only adds to the aggravation. That said, it sounds like to me your L key is indeed defective and I would recommend you exchange it with your retailer for a quicker turnaround. However, if they are out of stock, or refuse to exchange it for you, we would be more than happy to help you with it. There is no conspiracy here and we are always here to assist our customers through forums, emails, phones, and our own TSX system.

Heheh allright I'm sorry I was mostly just venting. There's something about staying up at night all excited, not going to work waiting for the maiman, and opening up a brand new, freshly minted box just to find that there is a broken piece of crapola inside, that just brings out the worst in a man.

I know you are a volunteer and you have my thanks for taking time out of your day to reply to my queries whereas paid employees haven't even showed me a fraction of that courtesy. Kudos to you friend.

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry I do not know what you are referring to Ram Guy is a Corsair Direct employee in fact several of us. And You are mistaken, we do care and listen avidly to our customers comments and concerns and do our best to address them.

I think I see what you are referring to and it was Wireds post, and yes he is not a direct Corsair Employee but I speak with him daily and he is a great help to both us and our customers. But you may have posted before seeing my post. Which would explain a lot.

Hello RamGuy thank you for your reply. Well its too much trouble for me to return this. I just called up Amazon and they were like 'Hmmm are you sure? Why didnt you contact us then and there?'. The woman was literally insinuating that I did something between the span of today and yesterday and its my fault. In the end, however, the woman agreed to send me a replacement if I shipped it off back to them with expedited, tracked parcel, which is going to cost me another ~25 dollars. To top it off she made it sound like they were doing me a favor for replacing something that was 'supposedly' DOA. The icing on the cake is also that I haven't even received an automated reply from the ticket I filed to Corsair.

All in all I am pretty disillusioned with how this is going but meh at this point I don't even feel like doing something about it. When I am poised as the bad guy when the only mistake I made was having the misfortune of receiving a bad keyboard, its disrespectful. I am going to go back to my 10 dollar keyboard and swear off premium keyboards for good.

• Corsair Employee
You are a not a bad guy or should you be its an issue and I am sorry they treated you that way. I cannot do anything about what a reseller does or does not do other than apologize for the situation. And what was your case number I can see that gets taken care of right away. However, if the reseller is going to take care of you then it may be a mute point, unless you want to proceed with an RMA directly with us. However, we would not be able to express ship a replacement, we can arrange an advanced replacement if you like you can speak with our customer service once the RMA is generated on your case.

Thank you for your prompt response RamGuy. I appreciate your kind words. I am not blaming you or Corsair in the slightest since mass production has its nicks no matter how expensive the product. But all things considered I must point out that it's because of that sign and me following through on it that Amazon had something to hold against me. If I had called them up 5 minutes after I received the product then I wouldn't have had to deal with what was a very uncomfortable phone-call of me trying to defend myself.

I have received my return instructions from Amazon so I am covered in that department. I am simply asking that you at least try to revise the 'STOP' sign so as not to give resellers more ammunition than they already have.

Odd, doesn't sound like Amazon's support. I've helped out someone before with DOA merchandise from there (video card IIRC) and I could've sworn they had no problem and even covered shipping (could be wrong of course).

May just want to call back and perhaps ask for a supervisor. DOA is DOA, regardless if you wait a day or two to open it. Expedited shipping doesn't sound quite right.

Well yeah that is part of the reason why I am disillusioned XD. Last time I had an issue with an Amazon product they didn't ask two questions, sent me a prepaid shipping label, and sent off the replacement by UPS when i always choose super saver shipping. I already sent back the faulty keyboard to Amazon an hour ago. It was a nice keyboard. I am hoping key issues is not something that happens across the [key]board lol.

Hello All. Well I came home from work today and found my replacement keyboard from Amazon. Its working well. A tiny problem this one has, however is that the screw thread which holds the palmrest to the keyboard does not seem to be properly drilled so the screw just doesn't fasten, but personally I prefer not to use the palmrest anyway. Apart from that its working great so I am going to stick with this.

Well see you all around then hope you didn't take my QQing personally :D Bye!

Archived