The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2018, 10:54 PM
Dustin1706's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978124
Dustin1706 Reputation: 10
Default Best way to set up RGB lighting for 18+ fans?

Hello,

I've got a 1000d that I'm going to do 4x 480 rads (one pair will be push, one pair in pull) so 16 fans, plus 2 case fans. I'd like to run some corsair RGB strips as well. I'll be using ML120 Pro RGBfans. I'll be running an Aquaero 6 to power/control the fan speed, so I'm not concerned about using the Commander Pro for that.

What's the best way for me to control the RGB on the fans? I've read all of the setup threads, but I haven't seen any examples with this many fans. I am assuming that I can run it as I have illustrated below? Obvioulsy everything has it's own sata power connection.

If I want more than 32 fans/rgb strips connected, do I then just add another Commander pro and do the same?

Old 10-28-2018, 12:02 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978128
DevBiker Reputation: 94

If you don't need the fan speed control, I would just add Lighting Node Pros (NoPros) rather than additional Commander Pros (CoPros). Each Lighting Node Pro can control two fans hubs and two fan hubs can control up to 6 fan RGB. The ML multipacks will come with both a Lighting Node Pro and a Fan Hub so you will likely have NoPros to spare .... so get the Expansion Packs for the strips.

And did you see Zotty's diagrams in the RGB FAQ? Or here? http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180073. gutcheck has also done some interesting things : http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=178402

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks