Corsair Community

Corsair K70 RGB input delay on Spacebar

BionicSammich

I just got my K70 RGB and I've noticed that sometimes there is a delay when using the speacebar. Sometimes it takes a second to register and it can cause it to input the space a character late. I'll try to use some examples below.

The dog chased after the cat

The dog chaseda fter the cat

Sometimes something like that can happen. It happens in almost every sentence I type. If I just press the space bar on its own, I can notice a delay on the little flashing indicator on screen too.

The "_" symbol will be for when the spacebar is pressed and the "-" will be for the time between when the spacebar is pressed. (_ = Pressed) (- = Not pressed)

_-_-_-_--_-_-_--_-_-_-_-_--_-_

So if I was to type "A" followed by "Space" it should look like this.

A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A

But it would end up looking like this

A A A AA A A A A AA A A A A A A AA A A

There doesn't seem to be any specific time between when it happens. Its not me typing too fast either, as I'm pretty slow. I doesn't happen on any other keyboard I have either.

I will be RMA-ing (if possible) my keyboard anyway, as it arrived with a scratch in the aluminium by the screw under the spacebar and the logo was glossy black instead of chrome (sails logo). I just wanted to know if this is just a normal characteristic that someone else has experienced, or if its just my board being defective as it already has two other issues.

Thanks guys!

The sails logo is not supposed to be chrome, it was only like that on the prototype boards iirc.

I see. Thats a minor disappointment. I really liked the Silver, and I hadn't seen any pics of the black logo. Not too much of a biggie.

Any ideas about the delay? All I can find is the thread below, but I haven't got the chance to test it out for myself yet.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=731926

I have this problem as well! I have th K70 with brown switches.

hey there, same here, having problem with brown switches as well.

As I got my keyboard from a retailer earlier on this week. Wondering when did you got your keyboard as I believe it might be a batch problem since I can't find any related problems with the keyboard in the search until this came popping out.

Ok guys, I may or may not have figured it out, at least in my case. I was using a Rainbow profile (Ultimate Rainbow or something) and that seems to be causing it. When I how space there is a lighting effect that happens. This must be the cause or something. Using the default ore another profile leaves me with no noticeable input lag (so far).

Ok guys, I may or may not have figured it out, at least in my case. I was using a Rainbow profile (Ultimate Rainbow or something) and that seems to be causing it. When I how space there is a lighting effect that happens. This must be the cause or something. Using the default ore another profile leaves me with no noticeable input lag (so far).

hi, thanks for letting me know. cause i am apparently using the same profile and i guess that's maybe one of the reason.

would try it out later since i've kept my k70 and brought out my old trusty blackwidow 2012. :D:

Guys, there is a way you can still have that profile. Just disable the effect on the spacebar. You'll have to do it on all 4 modes. No awesome rainbow burst anymore, but its better than nothing. You could always attach that effect to another key that you press left frequently.

Hello guys, how do I go about removing that particular effect? I am really annoyed with the tab, escape and numpad enter effects as well. What is the effect called? It seems I am unable to locate it. Please bear with me! This is all very new to me!

Thank you for your time!

in the lighting tab, right click the key and click reset to default. This should remove the effect.

That didn't work, all it did was black it out from the effects which I want to keep when the keyboard is untouched for example the wave and etc, but still cause the ripples and other effects across the keyboard when the key is pressed, which causes the input lag

Archived