Corsair Community

Cooldown Gradient

This is the first idea that came to mind when I first saw the board in January, and it's the first thing I made upon actually getting it! It basically looks like the key gets hot when you press it, and then cools down to blue (I'm using a blue backlight) over the course of a second

EDIT: It seems that profiles only work on the type of board they were created on. Since I'm the only one posting from a K65, I'm just going to put up the gradient settings I used so that you can replicate the effect yourself. Hopefully in the future we'll get the ability to apply profiles across boards.

1512310237_CooldownGradientSettings.PNG.12771137565e5463a8ec9f63ceff2bcd.PNG

Cooldown Gradient.zip

I think I'm using something similar. I saw this on another forum so I personally don't take credit for it at all. However, it's a really cool effect, and I love it. Would be cool if you posted a video though to show how it works.

When I open up the zip file, theres a "mode" file in it...not a ptf...?

the .zip file wont import and gives an error when trying to add the mode.

This wont import.

Ok, here's a video of the mode, and I had originally had the idea of just exporting the mode so that you could use it inside an existing profile, but here's the .prf too.

Video is still uploading

[ame]

[/ame]

Cooldown Gradient.prf

I don't know if you exported the wrong file or what because it still didn't work :[pouts: See if you can get us the right prf file because that looks so awesome!

I think the problem is that this was made on a K65. I haven't been able to import ANY of the profiles that I think are cool and the only thing I can think of is that the were made for the K70 instead of the 65. I'll check on another thread here in a sec and upload a screenshot of the gradient settings I used if that seems to be the consensus. They're super easy to set up.

82500437_CooldownGradientSettings.PNG.ae1aaab7397ddb6f0817630858069f56.PNG

I put the picture in the OP as well.

• 3 months later...

Hey, thanks for this profile, I freaking love it. Works perfect on my K65.

Just thought I'd request/suggest that it would be cool if some of the keys in close proximity to the one being pressed also get "hotter" in the same yellow/red gradient. Heat spreads, as any thermodynamics text book will tell you ;) haha. It would be a pretty cool effect.

I think the problem is that this was made on a K65. I haven't been able to import ANY of the profiles that I think are cool and the only thing I can think of is that the were made for the K70 instead of the 65. I'll check on another thread here in a sec and upload a screenshot of the gradient settings I used if that seems to be the consensus. They're super easy to set up.

[ATTACH]19341[/ATTACH]

I put the picture in the OP as well.

All you have to do is change like 2 letters in the .prf with any word document editor. Takes literally 5 seconds to convert any .prf to any keyboard. Open .prf in word -> Ctrl+F -> Search for keyboard it was originally intended for "K70" -> change text to CGK65 or K95.

Done.

• 3 months later...
This is exactly what I'm looking for,but it doesn't work like in the video. The keys only light up after you type on them. If the keys were all static white with this same effect,it would be perfect.. Can anyone do that?

Archived