The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Enthusiasts Section > System Builds, Modding, Custom Components, and Picture Gallery

Notices

Old 02-14-2020, 11:54 PM
apistodave's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035071
apistodave Reputation: 10
Woah! Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by apistodave View Post
I found this on the website:
install iCUE:
Open Control Panel on your computer.
Select Programs and Features.
Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list of programs, then select Uninstall.
Once you’ve uninstalled iCUE, you need to remove some files so a clean reinstallation can be done:
Press Windows Key + R to open the Run command.
Type %appdata%, then click OK.
Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.
Re-open the Run command and type %localappdata%.
Delete any Corsair folders that appear.
Press Windows Key + R to open the Run command.
Type Regedit in the Run Window, then click OK.
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete the entire Corsair folder.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete the entire Corsair folder.

Restart your computer.
Download a new iCUE installer file from Corsair.com.
Reinstall iCUE.
If you need further assistance with these steps, contact Customer Support.

This worked for me.

Old 02-15-2020, 12:42 AM
apistodave's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035073

So zotty how do you have your 3 Copros wired up?

Old 02-15-2020, 03:10 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035082
Zotty Reputation: 52

I don't have 3 mate.... singular copro set up.. setup diagram on first page

Last edited by Zotty; 02-15-2020 at 03:12 AM.

Old 02-15-2020, 06:57 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035094

Quote:
Originally Posted by truefilo View Post
Hi there.
I currently have 14xQL120 Fans over 2 commander pro and 2 node cores and do hydrox cooling in the future. I'm looking to tidy up my build and just have it under 1 commander pro.
I've tried with case lighting on channel 1 and channel 2 splitted across 3 Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub. The lights never turned on. I'm guessing I bought the wrong spliter for the hubs and looking to get a replacement. I was following your install diagram and was wondering if this plan is also valid for the QL120 fans? I've watched this videosaying that commander pro channels can only support up to 6 fans. Is this the limit for the commander pro or is the cable splitters a work around this problem?
Also to power the fans
the hub I bought was of poor quality and the connectors just keep falling off. I'm not having much luck, could you suggest a good pwm hub? Got any thoughts or suggestions?
Hi buddy

1, the Splitter you linked to is an RGB Fan splitter and not the RGB Hub Splitter.

Correct RGB Fan LED Hub Splitter Cable From Pirate dog Tech

2, that XSPC hub you linked to is for RGB control and NOT Fan Power (pwm) control! they look identical to these XSPC 8 Way PWM Splitter Hub, but those seem to be discontinued now anyway, these seem to be a popular alternative in my Discord Server DEEPCOOL FH-10 Integrated Fan Hub

Corsair also have their own 6 port PWM repeaters!
Carbide 275Q 6-port 4-pin PWM Repeater

as for the Commander Pro and its amount of fans Limits.

its all down to what its Sata Power Connection can handle which is also limited by other things the Commander Pro has to do. imho and from what i have seen over the last 2 years.. Commander Pro can handle 9 Corsair Fans fine.. but no more than 2 per header! we have certainly seen issues with triple pwm splitters.. also always power down when swapping Fan headers around on the Commander Pro. they seem not to like hot swapping and indeed this is not supported by Corsair along with the use of splitters etc,, its all outside of warranty and as such all at your own risks.

i bend the rules and would never suggest anything risky.

here is an example of my daily used rig

Re your Node Cores.. you would be better off replacing those with RGB Fan LED Hubs as this would allow you to use the Commander Pros 2 x RGB LED Channels rather than 2 9Pin usb headers.

RGB Fan LED Hub

Re QL fans and the Commander Pro's limits.. Commander Pro can handle 6 QL fans on each of its 2 RGB Channels as far as adhering to the rules goes

But bending the rulles we can do lol. i have users in my discord channel that have identical builds to mine and they are using QL fans (mine are LL) and they work fine when split

Note.. the Lighting Node Pro does have limits when it comes to QL Fans. if you have 6 QL fans on a channel then the other channel will be disabled in iCUE. if you lower the amount of QL fans on that channel then the other channel will re enable but will still have limits placed on what you can connect.. example.. 5 QL fans on Channel one and you can only connect 3 LED strips to channel 2

Last edited by Zotty; 02-15-2020 at 07:47 AM.

Old 02-17-2020, 06:01 AM

POST ID # = 1035264
felixgca Reputation: 10

Well, after a while i have taken up again the obsidian 1000d assembly and i have found another problem, the asus rog strix z390-i motherboard does not fit, the trim area touches the pci slots of the atx assembly. has the same thing happened to anyone? how can i fix it?
I tried to remove the trim and it does fit, but I can't mount the monoblock because it has to be supported by this.
I don't know how to attach images for better understanding

Old 02-17-2020, 07:05 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035268

yet to fit the ITX system in mine dude so not much help to you!.. sorry man!. hopefully someone can pick up the ball......

as for posting images... upload to Imgur and then use the Linked BBCode (message boards) option for sharing

www.imgur.com

Old 02-17-2020, 04:06 PM
apistodave's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
I don't have 3 mate.... singular copro set up.. setup diagram on first page
Ah ok, I got confused by your system specs--it says 3x CoPros.

Old 02-17-2020, 04:32 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035305

that was when it was first built inc an AIO..,. its since moved on to Hydro X dual loops.

Old 02-17-2020, 04:38 PM
cc10101's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035306
cc10101 Reputation: 13

Had to put my 1000D build aside for quite awhile. But I'm back at it, and pulling together a list of parts to convert from AIO to water-cooling so I can finalize my build and start using the machine full-time.

@Zotty; Your build looks tremendous and your contributions in this thread are invaluable. Just want to add my thanks to that of others for all you do here.

I've read through the whole thread a couple times now and I've been looking at your latest diagram, and just want to confirm a handful or so of things before I put in my parts orders:

1. With all the fan hub y splitters, are you still able to make all the LL fans work with the full range of iCUE lighting patterns? Or do you lose individual recognition and control of some RGB lighting options?

2. By my count, you're using 6 Fan Hub Splitters (from DevBiker's Ebay site). Correct?

3. Although you list PWM Y splitters in the diagram's key (on the left), it doesn't seem like you are actually using any at this time. Is that correct or am I missing them?

4. I think you answered this a few posts up, but so far as you're aware, will the DeepCool FH-10 be a 1 for 1 replacement for the XSPC PWM splitter hubs? I realize the DeepCool have an extra couple connections, but I mean insofar as allowing the same level of PWM control.

5. I think this was mentioned in an earlier post, but when using the SATA PWM splitters, we wind up with only 1 PWM entry per splitter-hub in iCUE. So per your latest diagram, because you have 4 XSPC splitter-hubs, you only have 4 separate fan speed controls in iCUE? To put it another way, all 8 fans on that hub will always have the same fan speed? I feel like I'm being dense with this, sorry.

5a. Purely out of curiosity, what made you decide to go with the XSPC PWM splitter-hubs instead of multiple CoPros?

Do you have a list of how many cable extensions you used, and of which types and what lengths? I realize that the requirement will vary based on how people route stuff. But I figure whatever you're using is a good starting point. But I'm having a hard time visualizing where the extensions are employed in your wiring chart.

A lot of questions from me, sorry. Hopefully the the answers will help clarify some of these things for others doing 1000D builds.

Thanks again.

Old 02-17-2020, 08:09 PM
apistodave's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
that was when it was first built inc an AIO..,. its since moved on to Hydro X dual loops.

Is there a diagram for that setup? The AIO one. no guts to do the other one...

Last edited by apistodave; 02-17-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Old 02-18-2020, 06:58 PM
elgreco's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035412
elgreco Reputation: 10

Hello again!

I am working slowly on my build and even though I have all the parts to create as many extension rgb cables as I would like, there is a chance I am going to need...ZERO RGB fans extensions... :( (will let you know as I progress).

The reason of this post is another question...
I have the z390 Aorus master MB and was wondering about the middle preinstalled standoff that is protruding and serves as alignment tool. I cannot find anywhere a “cap” to utilize and secure the mb over that middle standoff.

Should I just replace it with a standard standoff or there is somewhere a securing cap I could use?

Thanks again for everything!!!

Old 02-19-2020, 03:20 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035446

Quote:
Originally Posted by apistodave View Post
Is there a diagram for that setup? The AIO one. no guts to do the other one...
https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthr...73880&t=173880

theres a fair few there buddy

Old 02-19-2020, 03:30 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035447

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreco View Post
Hello again!

I am working slowly on my build and even though I have all the parts to create as many extension rgb cables as I would like, there is a chance I am going to need...ZERO RGB fans extensions... :( (will let you know as I progress).

The reason of this post is another question...
I have the z390 Aorus master MB and was wondering about the middle preinstalled standoff that is protruding and serves as alignment tool. I cannot find anywhere a “cap” to utilize and secure the mb over that middle standoff.

Should I just replace it with a standard standoff or there is somewhere a securing cap I could use?

Thanks again for everything!!!
there is no cap buddy... it just rests over guide standoff....

Old 02-21-2020, 11:58 PM
JonC's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035695
JonC Reputation: 10
Default Thanks for the thread and some mod info

Zotty, first off I wanted to say thanks for the informative thread. I read through it a couple of time before starting my 1000D build. The diagrams for wiring up the Co-Pros and fans saved me some iterations of assembly and disassembly.

I also thought I would post some a few things about my experience on getting low delta T on the water loop. I am using LL 140s on the Radiators with the 3x140 plates front and top. Based on the Co-Pro temp probes I was getting a good bit of hot case air pulling back to the fan intakes. I was getting about 9 - 11 C Delta T Air to Water in that default config. I modded the trays and added some acrylic and weather stripping to better separate intake and exhaust air. Here's a pic of the modded fan tray.

I also removed the top of the case and added spaces adding 5 mm to the metal plate and 15 additional to the glass plate on top to allow the top Radiator to have better airflow. This got my delta T down to 4 - 5 degrees C and got roughly a 6 degree C drop on the processor temps. Probably not relevant for everyone as I'm pushing 12 cores at 5 GHZ and except for stress testing the LL140s stay around 700 - 800 with the fan speed controlled by the Co-Pro and Hydro-X Water Temp Sensor. Pretty pleased with the performance to noise ratio.

Here's a pic of the top tray slid about 1/2 into the case that also shows the increased clearance on the top vents

Here's another pic of the running system in a near complete state.

I did a similar mod with LEDs on the outside of the bottom case to what you did with a similar style metal track. I don't have immediate plans to put in the ITX board so I made a U Shaped LED strip to go on top of the Power Supply Cover which shows in the above pics. It wasn't too bad to cut the strips between LEDs, expose the traces and solder in some 90s in the wiring and dress it up with hot glue and heat shrink. I am a few lights short of a full two strips, but I just turned off those LEDs in iCUE and it seems to adapt without issues for the various effects. If anyone else wants to do that I do recommend putting a continuity tester in the connected to make sure none of the traces got bridged when soldering.

Thanks again for the informative thread. This one and your iCUE FAQ saved me tons of headaches for things that were not in the Corsair docs.

Next week I am putting in some QL fans on the inside of the radiators (push pull setup) to get a bit more LED effect inside the case since both of my radiators exhaust into the case to intake the coolest air.

Old 02-22-2020, 04:05 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035704

Thanks for the thanks man! and glad it all helped!.. Fabulous looking build that buddy! well done!.. interesting mod! sealing off the trays that is!