Corsair Community

AIO Water Cooling an RTX 2080 or 2080Ti GPU?

SpartanGolf6

I'm looking to build my own gaming computer in the future and I was considering getting a RTX 2080 or a 2080Ti, but I want to have it watercooled. I know there are ones that come with it intergrated on the GPU, but they're asking for another 500+ dollars for a AIO watercooled one. I was wondering if there is a way to mount a Corsair AIO CPU cooler onto a RTX 2080, 2080 Super or a 2080ti.

There are some 2080 series GPUs sold as hybrids (with AIO attached) and a few kits as well. However, make sure you read up on these. A 120mm radiator was enough for the 1080 Ti and prior Titan series. The current GPUs run a hit hotter at the chip and combined with a small radiator won't get you much compared to air cooler. The better ones will be on a 240mm radiator, but then fitting that with your CPU radiator could be an issue.

You'll have to compare the option available in that form to a basic 2080 (Ti) and full water block.

No, you need a waterblock designed for a video card. You need to cool not only the gpu chip but other things as well.

If I were you, I'd just go with a hydro x setup. You can see mine here.

Yea.. I was thinking about using Corsair's Hydro X, but I don't know how well it'll fit in the Corsair 680X case that I was planning on getting.

Lots of those to look at in both the Hydro X and custom PC sections. Most people will go 1x360 + 1x240mm radiator up top, but dual 280 is possible as well. Most 2080 Ti owners will see GPU temps between 40-50C on a full water block.

2x280 work well on the 680x. The front 360 mounting isn't ideal as the front glass limits airflow too much and is a pain to remove..

But on dual 280 top and bottom mounted, it's a straight air flow, more so if you vertical mount the GPU. And the top glass is easy to remove if needed.