ch0b1ts

I have the following in my rig:

2x Commanders

12x ML Pro RGB Fans

4x RGB Light Strips

H150i Pro

K95 RGB Plat XL

Ironclaw RGB

When I start Wallpaper Engine, either some of the Light Strip LEDS don't light up or some of the Fan LEDs don't light up. Always the same LEDs, no randomness.

Wallpaper Engine Devs say it is an issue with iCUE and not a bug with their plugin, so I bring this issue here.

Anyone have experience with this?

Note: iCUE and Firmware all up to date.

Edited by ch0b1ts
Additional Info

Hey, hey!

Are you perhaps using a wallpaper that has iCUE reactivity support? Some wallpapers have it as an option to select.

You can also go into Wallpaper Engine Settings, select the Plugins tab, and uncheck iCUE & Chroma SDK to see if this resolves your lighting issue. WPE may have to be restarted.

Hey, hey!

Are you perhaps using a wallpaper that has iCUE reactivity support? Some wallpapers have it as an option to select.

You can also go into Wallpaper Engine Settings, select the Plugins tab, and uncheck iCUE & Chroma SDK to see if this resolves your lighting issue. WPE may have to be restarted.

Yes, I'm using iCUE reactive wall papers. Yes, the box is checked. Restarting WPE and iCUE does nothing to change the LEDs that don't light up. Disabling and re-enabling the plugin does not resolve the issue. Reboots make no difference. Fresh install of the OS and software made no difference.

Here is an example.

In the first attached image WPE is Off and all LEDs are working properly with iCUE.

In the second image, WPE is On and you can see that one entire LED Strip is now dark and part of the top LED Strip is dark.

LED1.thumb.jpg.9b813a5b39ce62fbd22071438d89a88e.jpg

LED2.thumb.jpg.f5bca2db97a311ca2cf657d47afc3527.jpg

Hey, hey!

Why wallpaper engine is not illuminating all your Corsair products is unclear. Do you have a link/name to the wallpaper? I'd be happy to test it out.

Edited by PJH

Hey, hey!

Why wallpaper engine is not illuminating all your Corsair products is unclear. Do you have a link/name to the wallpaper? I'd be happy to test it out.

I have same results with any wall paper I use.

As you know, each Commander has two LED connectors. On Commander #1, I have 6 Fan LEDs connected to Node #1 and 6 Fan LEDs connected to Node #2.

On Commander #2, I have the 4 LED Strips connected to LED connector #1. Nothing connected to LED connector #2.

I started moving Nodes and Strips around and found that only 2 of the 4 LED connectors are fully initialized when starting WPE. The the 3rd is only partially initialized and the 4th not at all.

Original Configuration

Controller 1 LED Port 1: 6 LED Fans - Always Initialized

Controller 1 LED Port 2: 6 LED Fans - Random Initialization (LEDs are on if this port is initialized before Controller 2 Port 1)

Controller 2 LED Port 1: 4 LED Strips - Random Initialization (LEDs are on if this port is initialized before Controller 1 LED Port 2).

Controller 2 LED Port 2: Not in Use

Test Configuration #1

Controller 1 LED Port 1: 6 LED Fans - Never Initializes

Controller 1 LED Port 2: 6 LED Fans - Always Initializes

Controller 2 LED Port 1: Not in Use

Controller 2 LED Port 2: 4 LED Strips - Always Initializes

Test Configuration #2

Controller 1 LED Port 1: Not in use

Controller 1 LED Port 2: 6 LED Fans - Never Initializes

Controller 2 LED Port 1: 4 LED Strips - Never Initializes

Controller 2 LED Port 2: 6 LED Fans - Always Initializes

Gotta be a bug in the SDK handling lighting with multiple controllers.

I have the following in my rig:

2x Commanders

12x ML Pro RGB Fans

4x RGB Light Strips

H150i Pro

K95 RGB Plat XL

Ironclaw RGB

When I start Wallpaper Engine, either some of the Light Strip LEDS don't light up or some of the Fan LEDs don't light up. Always the same LEDs, no randomness.

Wallpaper Engine Devs say it is an issue with iCUE and not a bug with their plugin, so I bring this issue here.

Anyone have experience with this?

Note: iCUE and Firmware all up to date.

I have the same problem, my leds lost all configuration after using the wallpaper engine, and nothing i do makes the leds go back to normal.

if you find a solution please let me know?

sorry about my English

• 6 months later...

Hey, same here, i have 2 LS100 kits for my two monitors.

if i use the WPE sdk integration only works the first channel of the main monitor but when i turn off the integration all the LEDs light up.

I think that is a problem with the integration and the max number of LEDs that the integration can support

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Same issue but it's only with some wallpapers. If you put the Corsair Collection, every fan lights up (at least on my PC). When I put the wallpaper I actually want, like "SouredAppleClouds", only the fan connected to the AiO (h150i) and the RAM light up. Nothing connected to the Commander Pro.

• Corsair Employee
Same issue but it's only with some wallpapers. If you put the Corsair Collection, every fan lights up (at least on my PC). When I put the wallpaper I actually want, like "SouredAppleClouds", only the fan connected to the AiO (h150i) and the RAM light up. Nothing connected to the Commander Pro.

That is on the developers of Wallpaper Engine as they are using our SDK to enable the feature. As you stated the Corsair collection works as it should proves that the feature is working correctly, but unfortunately it is pretty clear the wallpaper you want to use is the issue.