Corsair Community

gpu waterblock geforce rtx Super

• 3 months later...
  • Corsair Employee
Wait, so this will work with an RTX 2060 super founders edition?

For the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Founders Edition you will need the

Hydro X Series XG7 RGB 20-SERIES GPU Water Block (2070 FE).

Any plans for supporting the MSI RTX 2080 super gaming X trio? It's the only thing stopping me going for a hydro series loop!

Sorry, no plans to support the 20-series MSI Gaming Trio models.

I believe you have received something like this with your block:

2Ofj2QA.png

Follow the same steps as in the QSG as shown here:

[ame]

[/ame]

- Remove stock heatsink fan solution

- Remove old thermal interface material

- Flip the block over and put the graphics card on top of it (remove the plastic cover in case you're using a Founders Edition 2060 Super / 2070) and route the power cable out in the back - see this video about FE 2060 Super / 2070 FE dissasembly:

[ame]

[/ame]

(If you're using a AIB vendor card, like the EVGA, then it's not necessary to remove the back plastic cover)

- Put on the backplate on the backside of the graphics card

- Use enclosed screws to attach the backplate and block into the finished assembly.

Edited by tiborrr

For the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Founders Edition you will need the

Hydro X Series XG7 RGB 20-SERIES GPU Water Block (2070 FE).

Sorry, no plans to support the 20-series MSI Gaming Trio models.

Awww that sucks! It's a popular card so I'm sure it would sell, I kinda hate that it's the only thing in my current set up that the rgb doesn't link into icue with! Which would be another reason to drop a few hundred on hydro x if you did support the gaming x trio series :( I'm guessing there are no plans for a semi modular approach that will work with multiple card types etc in the future? Would rather not have to go EK and have another rgb system that needs a separate interface! Was so excited when icue launched as it brought everything into one place :(

Word of advice - when planning for water cooling always go for reference cards (i.e. Founders Edition) or anything build on top of the existing reference PCBA. These cards are smaller and generally have less fitment issues compared to AIB models.

Big AIB cards from MSI, EVGA, GIGABYTE or even ASUS are usually substantially less supported by most vendors, including CORSAIR. The reason why AIB cards are large is the fact they utilize large PCBA as a cooling surface and to be able to install large fans. With water cooling you don't need any of that.

My concern is I went ahead and purchase a Corsair Hydro X Series XG7 RGB 20-SERIES GPU Water Block (2080 FE) SKU CX-9020002-WW and it does fix, the problem is there are several MOSFET, VRMs, ect are not protected by the heat sink. Should I continue and put the water block? I've purchase a NVIDIA Geforce 2070 Super.

• 4 months later...
Compatibility has been confirmed.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER is compatible with XG7 RGB 20-SERIES GPU Water Block (2070 FE).

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER are compatible with XG7 RGB 20-SERIES GPU Water Block (2080 FE).

Hi Does this include the Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2060 Super Windforce? as when i look on corsairs website and any other site it comes up saying my GPU is incompatible :(

thanks,

Mark