Corsair Community

Corsair Neutron and System Problems

ZiggyStar

Recently I purchased a Neutron GTX 120Gb solid state drive. Naturally, I backed up documents on my computer that I planned on keeping, wiped my HDDs, and installed windows on my Corsair SSD.

My computer runs horribly. My computer freezes up very frequently for around 15 seconds, programs stop responding for several seconds at a time, and quite often, the games that are installed on the SSD will crash before they fully load.

I've spent hours in BIOS trying to configure the SSD to run alongside my two existing HDDs but have made no progress.

I've reinstalled Windows 7 32 bit twice now to see if any Windows files were corrupted etc. It would seem they aren't. I've tried running the SSD alone without my HDDs connected, again, no luck. I've changed which SATA port the SSD is connected to several times over, no improvement. In BIOS I've tried switching the mode of my SATA ports to both IDE and AHCI. BIOS however won't let me switch just one SATA port to AHCI, it either changes ports 1-4 or 5-6. Furthermore, when the SSDs SATA port is changed to AHCI, BIOS no longer detects ports 1-4. I don't know whether or not that is supposed to happen, considering I don't know the difference between IDE and AHCI. I just read AHCI is recommended with SSDs.

I believe I've got all the necessary drivers for my other hardware.

I recently heard that I need to enable ACHI before installing windows on my SSD. Can anyone confirm or deny? And does it make that big of a difference?

Any other information I'm more than happy to provide, if anyone knows a solution I'd be incredibly grateful.

Thankyou

Archived