Corsair Community

Flickering/Stuttering with H100i Platinum RGB SE (White version) and included LL120s

DeathlySiNs 666

Hello, everyone. Hope you're all safe and well!

So I purchased a H100i Platinum RGB SE in White not too long ago and I've been really pleased with it's performance, keeping my CPU nice and cool whilst it runs at 5Ghz on all cores. However, I've been having problems with the RGB. At first, it was absolutely faultless!

After a recent update to the latest iCUE however, the two included LL120 fans and the pump itself are flickering.

I've tried installing a previous version of iCUE, no joy. Re-installed Windows, no joy.

All my other drivers are up-to date so I'm not sure what's going on at all with it.

When iCUE isn't running, the RGB is perfectly fine. However, as soon as iCUE is open, the flickering/stuttering starts. The only ones I can use fine are Colour Shift,Static Colurs and Temperature. However, every other effect has a stuttering to it.

Really disheartening. :(

I've googled the issue and it seems like it was quite a common problem in 2018, 2019 and a few at the start of this year.

If required, I can get a video of this occuring to demonstrate what I mean, but it doesn't do this when iCUE is closed. So I'm led to believe it's either an issue with iCUE, or with the firmware of the H100i.

Update, if I disconnect one fan within the lighting setup of iCUE, the problem is fixed. I did update the AIO too, to Firmware 1.0.15. Is there any way to roll this back as I believe that is what's causing the issue. Edited by DeathlySiNs 666
Spelling

Really frustrating isn't it?! I literally got mine a few days ago and all was fine, then this update for iCUE and the firmware update came along and botched everything.

~I've tried clean installing windows

~Installing Previous versions of iCUE

~Using the repair function of iCUE when you go to uninstall it

~Delete profiles

~Swapped the fans around to see if one is defective or not

My fans aren't defective or anything as such, so it'll be the firmware itself.

I even tried to force update the firmware again and no dice!

It's fine outside of iCUE though, but as soon as you open iCUE, the USB connect sound happens and then it starts to flicker and stutter.

I've submitted a ticket with them, as well as DMing the Support Twitter account, no response yet.

I had this issue after I updated Windows 10 to the new 2004 (May 2020) update. I fixed it by restoring the previous build (1909).

Its seems a compatibility issue with the new Windows 10 update. ICUE was up today before I did the update.

Hello, Corsair Community!

I also got this problem by updating my Windows 10 Pro from v1909 to 2004.

Everything started to stutter & flicker (Fans, Pump Head & Memory LED's), but I've found a good workaround until it's fixed.

Just use the CUSTOM "Static Color" or/and "Solid" effect for your RGB LED's of your Water Cooling and disable or remove all other effects.

Everything else selected from PREDEFINED, LIGHTING LINK or the other effects from CUSTOM will start the issue again.

Greetings from Germany,

InVy

Edited by InVy

• 4 weeks later...

Same exact issue since I updated to Windows 10 2004.

Corsair H100i Platinum SE with Rainbow wave, Spiral Rainbow or Arc results in flickering on the H100i and the LL120s. Applying something simple like Static makes the flickering stop.

Corsair needs to answer and fix this.

This problem will become more apparent as Microsoft start to push 2004 out to more systems. Corsair will eventually fix but these feature updates are months in the making so clearly they aren't doing any/much testing.

Well, Corsair your move. I've just been force upgraded to Windows 10 2004 thanks to other things on my rig needing to be on the newest Windows 10 build for work.

You've got tonnes of customers all in the same boat and it's not been acknowledged at all, so we're all sat in the dark wondering if it'll ever get fixed. Nice. Just what you want when you pay £130+ for a product! Trading Standards would sure love this...

I'm having a flicker issue too, with just the 3 fans (no AIO). The type of flicker seems different, as it's slightly more sustained or intermittently occurring entirely. I managed to have it happen earlier and recorded it.

[ame]

[/ame]

The Corsair Commander Pro and the fans used are less than a week old.

I managed to get in touch with a Corsair rep on Reddit on the megathread. They said they're aware of the issue when you're running Windows 10 2004 and are working on a fix. I currently have it uninstalled on my rig, but was asked to submit a support ticket and logs.

So I'd advise anyone having this issue to get your support tickets in and logs! Might make them crack on faster. Not holding my breath for a quick fix tho.

I have the same problem you guys are experiencing. Just got it this week. Installed it last night. First run was great, all the fans and lights came on, except I forgot to plug in my sata power that's running to my power buttons(just got the Graphite Series 780T White, don't know all the ins and outs yet) and nothing was coming up on the screen. Shut it down, hooked it up but only the pump and one of the fan lights came on. Once Windows was up and running and I ran icue, all the lights came on but the flickering/glitching was there. Tried all the different light settings and only solid colors worked smooth (as they should). Tried forcing a firmware update but no change. Had to update icue and during the process noticed everything turned back to the smooth transitioning. Once the process was done, it was back to flickering.

I was thinking it might be icue, but I am also part of Microsoft's Windows 10 Insider Preview and get new installs/builds like every week to two weeks. I am on build 20161 at the moment. I have to get a new hard drive and was going to try and switch accounts so I am not constantly updating all the time. I wont be able to give an update for a while on how the "roll back" will work. But it is annoying seeing that twitch from the lights.

Edited by GSIntegral

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having this exact same problem, though idk if it's from the windows update or not as my build is brand new, it is definitely software related. I submitted a ticket and the agent told me that it could be from one or more faulty LEDs on the fans. I went ahead and tested each fan individually and had the flickering/ stuttering on all of them. I suppose I'll try rolling back to 1909 version.

Same here. Changed from the h115i RGB PLATINUM which had NO issues on Windows 2004 to the h100i RGB Platinum and BAM, flickering on all those more dynamic modes. It’s BS. How is it that the h115i worked flawlessly? It’s definitely a specific issue with the h100i firmware when used on the Windows 2004 build. Also as aforementioned having only one LL120 connected/recognized also fixes the issue but once you add the second it’s whacked again. Lol