Corsair Community

Power supply not working

Crager88

• Corsair Employee
Its brand new RM 750, I tried the paperclip test and the fan will run for maybe 10nseconds then it will stop, is it faulty?

No.

You didn't know that RM series has a zero RPM fan?

The fan has a zero RPM fan mode. It's not going to spin unless it's really hot or under a really high load. It spins for a few seconds as a "test" to make sure the fan works.

No.

You didn't know that RM series has a zero RPM fan?

The fan has a zero RPM fan mode. It's not going to spin unless it's really hot or under a really high load. It spins for a few seconds as a "test" to make sure the fan works.

Ok, I had no idea... do you think it could be the power cord that came with it or something related to the motherboard?

what about the power cord or mobo? the PSU works fine :thinking:

This is my first build so I'm pretty lost at the moment, appreciate the responses everyone, I'm going to see about taking it to repair shop and see if they can figure out what the issue is.

• Corsair Employee
Ok, I had no idea... do you think it could be the power cord that came with it or something related to the motherboard?

Ok. You didn't say you had it plugged into a motherboard and it didn't post. You just said you did a paper clip test and the fan only spun for a few seconds.

How much of the PC is built (just the CPU, CPU and RAM, CPU and everything else) and where (in case, on table, etc)?

What are these parts?

Do you have the power on connector on the correct two pins of the motherboard?