Corsair Community

fan stuck at maximum

icecube

• Corsair Employee
I just got my AX1200 replacement because of coil whine, this time no whine, but now the replacement has its fan stuck at maximum! :( Sounds like a hair dryer. Is there a quick fix for this? or do I have to do the whole RMA again?

Do you get the same behavior while you are sitting in the BIOS, or if you boot up into safe mode?

Do you get the same behavior while you are sitting in the BIOS, or if you boot up into safe mode?

It is always at 100% fan speed, in BIOS and in windows. Just tested safe mode same thing.

I also just tried the paper clip test and it is still sounding like it is going to take off.

I have contacted support again today and Corsair support seems to be top notch so far! Hopefully I can get this resolved soon. I was advised I would get a call back today, it is past 10:30 now so I doubt it is happening. :(:

• Corsair Employee
It is always at 100% fan speed, in BIOS and in windows. Just tested safe mode same thing.

I also just tried the paper clip test and it is still sounding like it is going to take off.

I have contacted support again today and Corsair support seems to be top notch so far! Hopefully I can get this resolved soon. I was advised I would get a call back today, it is past 10:30 now so I doubt it is happening. :(:

Lets get it replaced! Request an RMA

My original AX1200 with the coil whine had a loud click (more like electrical ZAP) sound when it shuts off.

Still waiting...

We could try replacing the PSU for you, but its possible that the cause of the click is due to the power in your home reacting with the higher efficiency components within the PSU. You may want to test it on a different circuit and see if you get the same behavior.

RMA is definitely an option, but I can not tell you for sure if it would change the behavior you are seeing.Request an RMA

Archived