Corsair Community

Can I use RGB outside of Corsair through ICUE

GetShmokdByWill

I am going to be getting a motherboard soon and would like to know if the rgb can somehow get wired to icue even if it isn't corsair so my colors can match?

I notice most motherboards have razor support and other rgb software but not ICUE listed.

If this can't be done I will be very disappointing as I have over $400+ in corsair stuff and can't get my motherboard in sync and future stuff like cpu cooler.

ASUS motherboards have some RGB control through iCUE. There is a sub-section in this forum dedicated to it. For other boards you will have to use their software to control their hardware, which is the current state for most other products as well.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=311

I did see that, so their is no way then to use a MSI rgb board with icue? I would hate to go with asus since it is overpriced 🙄

If I did get MSI board would they interfere at all or nah

I would choose your motherboard based on what you want and like. Being able to control the small motherboard lights from iCUE is more of a luxury versus necessary. It is very difficult to put together a system with only one control software that covers MB, RAM, fans, strips, and GPU plus anything else someone has figured out a way to strap lights to.

My GPU is MSI. I need Mystic Light to control that. It runs quietly in the background and does not interfere with iCUE. I wish their color patterns and schemes were better, but the actual management and overhead is close to nil.