Corsair Community

So many K95 RGB problems

ZoRk

Hi,

I’m so angry, furious and disappointed by this 200 € keyboard that i’ve to write to you to claim that I will NEVER buy any Corsair product again. Not for me or not for all the people I made configs for.

Few years ago, I spent 200€ on a K95 RGB and I had so many problems with it that it is incredible…Have to say I always take care of my items, and no liquid, drop or whatever was done to this keyboard.

P/N CH-9000221-FR

S/N 1295165284**

First of all, after only one month of usage, I encountered double key strikes, still occurring sometimes and it really a pain in the ***, especially while coding.

Then after a few months, some LED were dysfunctioning on some RGB colors. No more red on 12 keys. It ran me crazy. Few months later I discovered on reddit it was a well common and known problem on this keyboard and I should have RMA it but it was too late, just passed the two years warranty.

I was already disappointed by this ****ty 200€ keyboard, but it was still working...

And finally yesterday, after the installation of the 3.27.68 release of ICUE (have to tell also how this software has always been horrible to use) my keyboard is now not recognized by ICue anymore.

Of course I have tested all what is possible to do during 4 hours (Disinstalling Icue, cleaning Registry, Appdata, changing USB ports, testing on other computers, retrograding to Icue 3.24.52., etc…) Nothing worked.

So that’s it, my K95 is now unconnected forever, will go to the trash bin and I will be back with L*g*t*ch buying a G*15.

Incredible how mad this f******g keyboards ran me. How could it be so many defaults on a 200€ high end product ?

So that it corsair. You had the nicest Logo, your products are good looking, but so creepy hardware and unergonomic software.

Bye Bye.

PS: Regards to the persons who are reading that, I know you aren’t guilty for this, but I hope this will be forwarded to who can take note of another customer disappointing by so many problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

K95 keyboard here as well. This is my second one after I replaced my MX Cherry Blue under warranty due to having a repeated stroke... double "n" - it was impossible to type without typos. Fast forward a few months and the new replacing, a brand new MX Cherry Red, also had double inputs, double "b". It's driving me crazy. I contacted Corsair and of course they said the warranty had expired. I expressed that this seemed to be a common problem with this keyboard since it was the second one with the same problem, but they didn't care.

Then, I also noticed that my "P" key does red LED does not work. So the colors look off on one key. It is extremely disappointing, especially since I don't use this keyboard as much, only a couple hours for emails and browsing online when I get back from home. At work I have a K90 Vengeance and it has been amazing. No issues there. K95 is cursed.