Corsair Community

1500 Vengence whine when mic active.

solcar

Headset is great in all other aspects. When the mic is activated by any software - such as control panel -> Sound -> recording, or when connecting to a server in teamspeak, it produces a low grade, high pitched whine. It is notable. Once I disconnect from those sources it goes away.

I was debating RMA'ing to replace or refund. I have chosen to refund. Here is why. I am not the only user with this problem.

There was a *very* professionally written, courteous, helpful write up of the issue from a user who obvious wanted to help. He provided all the data and engaged all responses with utmost professionalism. Many users chimed in to report the same issue.

Then this happened, from Corsair's own mod:

"The thread was closed because it was not offereing any help only adding to a myth that was not true." (emphasis mine, spelling his own)

Here is the original thread: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102177

I was shocked. Completely uncalled for and insulting. Firstly, it is not a myth. I am experiencing the exact same issue and found this (excellent) write up by googling the symptoms. Secondly -you defamed and insulted a customer who was offering exceptional courtesy and intending to maintain his own brand loyalty by providing as much feedback as possible.

You provided no justification for it.

Could you consider the possibility that while your QA setup could not reproduce the issue, it is only because you do not have the same hardware conditions? There is clearly *something* going on.

It is happening to me.

I am returning for a refund. I am unfortunately forced to go to another manufacturer. My last headset was corsair and I loved it. But I cannot risk the RMA, as it did not fix the issue for the users in the *closed* forum thread.

MSI Z77A-GD65 mobo

i5 3570K proc

(2) Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB

SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB SATA II

gl -

sol

(edit: added link to original thread)

Archived