The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Dredj's PC Specs

POST ID # = 647914
Dredj Reputation: 10
Default 1300 mic vs 1500

Decided to buy 1 of these Corsair headsets, I've looked around Youtube and could only find 1 mic test for the 1300, it was good but didn't sound as good as the 1500, of which there were plenty of tests.

I conclude that I can't conclude the 1500 is better so here I am asking if you guys know anything, and maybe if RAMGUY swings by he can confirm if there is a difference hardware wise between the 2 that may make the 1500 better.

Thanks.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 648107
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

The mic on the 1300 uses your soundcard for recording and decoding, whereas the 1500 uses the USB soundcard that is a part of the headset so there will be a difference between the two in terms of software. If you're talking about if one is better than the other at picking up your voice in terms of sensitivity, they're going to be about the same.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:37 AM
Dredj's PC Specs

POST ID # = 648163
Dredj Reputation: 10

I meant more like component wise, is it a £10 or £20 mic, if you catch my meaning, but your info is still good, RAMGUY, although late, because I already have the 1300 headset now and I am happy with the mic myself on my own tests, my friends have not been on Mumble yet so I can get their feedback.

As for the Youtube vids comparison, I don't think the 1300 review done by "custompcreview" had done any mic configuration in his sound software. He had his window open fair enough, but I have a GTX 470 with a fan on 100% spin and at an uneducated guess I would say it's about 9000dB, and I am roughly 1m away from it AND my case is open, so after I configured the mic in my software my GTX 470 doesn't get picked up at all.

Maybe on your onsite reviews done my Jeff Checchi should include a mic test sample, as a gamer myself a good mic is important to me, and buying the 1300 was a gamble.

But hey, now I have the headset myself I am going to do my own mic test and upload it to Youtube.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:55 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 648496
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Feel free to post here it once you do your review. I wouldn't mind taking a look personally.