Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 2000 Noob questions

seydlitz

1. Can the headset be used while it is plugged in and charging?

2. Related - does the headset have to be turned off to charge?

3. Book says to disconnect the headset from cable once it's charged. What happens if you don't?

3. I received my headset last night, followed directions and charged it. After a couple of hours, I disconnected cable when light turned "green". Got up this morning and used headset; it lasted about an hour then started beeping and flashing red. Now I'm charging it again. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance

Seydlitz

1. Can the headset be used while it is plugged in and charging?

2. Related - does the headset have to be turned off to charge?

Yes, you can use them while they charge and you don't have to turn the headset off.

3. Book says to disconnect the headset from cable once it's charged. What happens if you don't?

That's probably to avoid overcharge and cause wear on the battery.

3. I received my headset last night, followed directions and charged it. After a couple of hours, I disconnected cable when light turned "green". Got up this morning and used headset; it lasted about an hour then started beeping and flashing red. Now I'm charging it again. Is this normal?

Not really, it should last quite a few hours of intensive use. Try charging it again and see if it happens again.

If it does, let us know.

Thanks in advance

Seydlitz

Hello, seydlitz, welcome to the forum.

See my answers in bold.

Not really, it should last quite a few hours of intensive use. Try charging it again and see if it happens again.

If it does, let us know.

This is pretty normal IF he forgot to turn headset off before going to bed ;)

It depends, If he/she left it on and when to sleep while their computer was on (Dongle powered). Then yes it may have lost the charge.

If the computer was off and he/she left the headset on, The headset should turn off automatically in a few minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived