Corsair Community

MP600 (500GB) No boot

Hi,

The MP600 NVMe seems to work well. I can see it in windows (I am running windows on a SSD). My problem is that I tried install windows on it using the standard way with a USB media. All the files got installed on the MP600, however, I can't select it in boot priority. My motherboard only show that I can boot from my SSD or my HDD. I don't see my MP600 in the boot options.

Can we really install and run windows 10 on the MP600? It is a motherboard issue?

Until someone more knowledgeable than me chimes in with a better thought out solution, what I might try in your situation, is disconnect the power from your SSD and HDD - just temporarily.

Then boot. That *might* make your motherboard go looking for another boot option - which may or may not then stick !

Failing that, the obvious response - check you are on the latest BIOS for your Mobo.

I have a MP600 as a boot drive on a Aorus X570 Master MB with no problems. Like the previous post, try unplugging the other drives then boot and go into BIOS and see if the drive is there. I know some mother boards depending on what slot you put the Nvme drive into disables some SSD ports. Also, if you put operating systems on the other drives, they could be partitioned as boot drives. When installing Windows on a drive it's a good idea to only have that drive installed at the time.